April 24, 2024, 02:50:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sound Glitch on a specific Patch  (Read 540 times)

adellacorte

Sound Glitch on a specific Patch
« on: October 03, 2022, 07:37:09 pm »
Hi,

I have been working on project recently, up to couple of days ago everything was fine.
Preset in question: Underwater Pad by Glen Darcey.

Couple of days ago, the preset in question started to glitch upon pausing the project and when the midi notes changed while the project was playing.
A slight glitch also occurs whilep playing manualy from my MIDI Controller, but it tends to dissapear after a couple of notes.
I was able to pinpoint this issue to this specific glitch, as I also use other instances of Analog Lab VST for other sounds - no glitching there.
Standalone version of Analog Lab does not produce this glitch.

I am running the latest Ableton 11.2 Suite with Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen and Nektar Impact LX88+. I tried to fix the problem on my own by doing the following things:

• Increasing/Decreasing Buffer Size
  • Increasing/Decreasing Sample Rate
  • Reinstalling Ableton
  • Reinstalling Arturia Software Center and Redownloading Analog LAB
  • Reinstalling my Audio Controller incl. Drivers
  • Firmware for my MIDI-Controller up to date, Factory reset performed

I have asked around in some of my discord communities if anyone else can experience the same problem with this preset.
Someone was able to confirm this happening for them as well. This problem surfaced before the recent Ableton 11.2 update.

Please take a listen to what I mean is happening and I kindly ask for your help in resolving this glitch.

Thanks in advance.

LBH

Re: Sound Glitch on a specific Patch
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 09:21:02 pm »
Hi,

6 years ago i made this thread: MATRIX V2 SEEMS TO CRACKLE A LITTLE. https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=89060.0
"Underwater PAD" by Glen Darcy used as example.
Please read the thread.

I don't hear such a loud glitch as in your audio example. And your sound also sounds distorted. You have extra effects added. Your example is'nt just the clean sound from Matrix 12 V2, when you select it.
Your glitch can be related to something else in your system.

However:
I can suggest you set Matrix 12 V2's Master Volume to max 0.270. Especially if you use Aftertouch.
And then adjust ENV2's Release Time acording to how many notes you play, so no notes are closed at to high volume, when many notes are being played.
I very rarely hear any crackles this way.
Other adjustments can perhaps also help.
Please tell if this make a difference for you.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines