March 28, 2024, 10:58:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is the Sequencer from the SQ-80 part of SQ-80v?  (Read 1376 times)

xpansion

Is the Sequencer from the SQ-80 part of SQ-80v?
« on: October 02, 2022, 11:51:32 pm »
Based on what I've read in the product descriptions. It would appear that the fantastic sequencer included with the SQ-80 is not included with the SQ-80v. It isn't a deal breaker, but I am curious if the sequencer is part of the product. The workflow and functionality of Ensoniq sequencers built into their hardware going back to the ESQ-1 and going through at least the ASR-10 was amazing! I would love to have this built into a software equivalent.

X

LBH

Re: Is the Sequencer from the SQ-80 part of SQ-80v?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 03:11:33 am »
Hi,

No it's not in SQ-80 V. The original SQ-80 worked like a workstation. Just like using a DAW. There was nothing speciel about it, except it at that time provided a workstation possibility, that was ahead of it's time. The sequence was'nt part of a sound/ preset. It could just play a pre recorded/ programmed sequence, when you pressed a play button. Did it have a speciel functionality that would make sense to have in an emulation today?

I would rather have a smaller multitrack sequencer that reacted on incomming notes and was part of a sound/ preset.
SQ-80 V ie have a arpeggiator. That the original did'nt have, and i think it make more sense to have, as it respond to incomming notes and is a part of a sound/ preset.
Arturias version also have some extra modulation options the original did'nt have. I also think that make more sense to have. Or is there a good reason to have a 20000 notes build in static sequencer?

MarkP

• Apprentice
Re: Is the Sequencer from the SQ-80 part of SQ-80v?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 11:46:22 am »
In 1987 when I was looking for a digital synth it was the sequencer in the ESQ-1 that sold me on it. I thought it was amazing and got quite adept at editing with it. But that was then. I still have the same ESQ-1 right here on my desk, and I'll never sell it, but I would never dream of going to the trouble of recording into its sequencer when I have Cakewalk to do that for me - without the limitation of 8 tracks, 20,000 notes, non-visual editing, and so on. Over 20 years ago I transferred all my ESQ-1 sequences into the Cakewalk of the day, and have never looked back.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines