April 26, 2024, 09:34:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Out or Thru  (Read 532 times)

apocalypse2012@yahoo.com

• Apprentice
Out or Thru
« on: September 28, 2022, 06:31:06 pm »
Does either midi out port combine midi signal paths?
I love the combo of my Keystep pro with Beatstep pro. I have three Volcas and a Keyboard with 32 voice polyphony and hundreds of general midi voices. I would like to chain the BSK and KSP together to control all four instruments, preferably with the general midi voices controlled from both the BSP and KSP at the same time.
I have a midi thru box for my instruments. My midi through box only has one input however, and I am not sure if that needs to come from the KSP midi out 1 or the midi thru 2. None of the documentation is clear on how the midi messages combine, if they combine, or on which KSP out that happens.
Further, my general midi device needs program change commands to set up what instrument lives on what midi channel, and its my understanding that the KSP cannot generate these but the BSP can. That's the primary reason for wanting an integrated signal path. Once configured, I'd like to be able to sequence any instrument from either sequencer with only per track channel assignments.
Intuitively, I was thinking I could daisy chain from BSP out to KSP in, then go from the KSP to my midi thru box to my instruments. Using the BSP I could control my general midi program changes, then sequence any instrument from either sequences based on channel/track. Will this work? Which KSP midi out does my Midi thru box/instruments daisy chain from?

apocalypse2012@yahoo.com

• Apprentice
Re: Out or Thru
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 07:00:28 pm »
This is all the manual says...

"Reconfigure the second MIDI port as a MIDI thru port.

When set to Thru, MIDI info received at the MIDI In or the USB port will be forwarded to MIDI OUT 2."

What about the midi info generated by the KSP. Does it also go the MIDI OUT 2 along with the MIDI IN info? I need clarification.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines