April 26, 2024, 05:55:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Using Pigements sequencer cv to control Eurorack gear  (Read 684 times)

rjlasser

• Apprentice
Using Pigements sequencer cv to control Eurorack gear
« on: September 28, 2022, 06:06:04 pm »
Greetings,

I really like the sequencer in Pigments and I'd like to use the gate/pitch/velocity control voltage to power some of my external Eurorack gear.   I was thinking of using VCV Rack as it both supports VST plugins so I can run Pigments, and it has rock-solid integration with my Eurorack rig through and Expert Sleepers module.  I haven't been able to figure it out but I was thinking I could use the VCV Host plugin to lauch Pigments, then take the MIDI out and use one of VCV's built in MIDI-CV modules to "translate" MIDI into cv.  That said, it was a bit confusing when I tried to set it up.

Thoughts?  Will this work?  Has anyone done this successfully?

Thanks!

LBH

Re: Using Pigements sequencer cv to control Eurorack gear
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 06:22:31 pm »
Hi,

A quick search gave this result: https://www.reddit.com/r/vcvrack/comments/hkzqc0/rainy_day_two_rows_arturia_pigments_inside_vcv/

I don't use VCV rack or know what's going on in the video or if it's relevant for your question. But the title indicate Pigments is used inside VCV rack.

I can suggest you try it out. If you don't own Pigments, then it's possible to run it in demo mode.

rjlasser

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 07:27:04 pm »
Thanks for your reply.   The link you provide is just using Pigments within VCV Rack.   That's the starting point, but in addition I want to send the cv gate/pitch/velocity information out of Pigments sequencer and into my Eurorack rig.   Getting the information to flow from the software to the external HW gear is easy with VCV.  I'm just not sure how to get the information out of Pigments so I can use VCV to send it off to my eurorack setup.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2022, 08:06:05 pm »
Your welcome.

Pigments only output midi. You wrote you would use VCV-rack to convert the midi that pigments output.
The rest is a question about what VCV-rack can and how. That i suggest you ask in a VCV forum if such excist.

Or perhaps use something else to convert midi to CV. I don't use hardware synths anymore, but i assume a controller like Arturias MK2 that have CV connections could be used. However you will have to explore that, and perhaps ask Arturia support about that to be sure. In this case something need to be able to send data to the controller.

The part related to Pigments only is it only output midi to a host.

rjlasser

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2022, 07:38:58 am »
Thanks for reminding me of my own advice to RTFM.   Looking at VCV, they have an extension that neatly does all the heavy lifting.  It couldn't be easier and I'm sending all kinds of good stuff out of Pigments into my rig.  I was making the problem much harder than it was.  You need the VCV Host module and an Expert Sleepers module in Eurorack to make it work.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines