April 24, 2024, 03:06:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Which USB cable?  (Read 1000 times)

LBH

Which USB cable?
« on: September 28, 2022, 05:33:16 pm »
Hi,

The USB cord that follow Minifuse is very short. Arturia does'nt recommend to use third party USB cords, as it according to Arturia is a speciel cord. So what is recommended, if one need a longer cord and when cords perhaps is being damaged?

TimArturia

• HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
Re: Which USB cable?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 01:12:33 pm »
Hello !

We recommand using our cable because during QA, we discovered that a wide range of connectors do not totally respects USB standards, and may be some micrometers wider or finer.
This can cause instability issues, and we don't want our customers to suffer from them.

Our cable have been tested and validated to be the best one to work with the MiniFuse.

If you find another one which seems to do the job, feel free to use it. If after changing your cable you encounter some USB instabilities, the cable will most likely to be the problem.
Now that you aware of it, if you need to, please use the cable that fit the best your need.

Cheers :)

LBH

Re: Which USB cable?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 05:22:31 pm »
Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply.

When i had to buy a USB cable to my previous audio device i bought a speciel one that was extra thick. I think it also had to do with power stability. It was'nt USB-C. I try to find similar.

Cheers  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines