April 25, 2024, 02:03:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MacOS 10.15: MCC & ASC can't live together  (Read 532 times)

vespina

• Apprentice
MacOS 10.15: MCC & ASC can't live together
« on: September 28, 2022, 02:10:01 am »
I installed ASC and used it to install several products, including MCC.  Then I closed ASC and ran MCC, and it recognized my Keylab Essential 61 without problem. Then I quit and reopened MCC several times more without any issue.  Then I closed MCC and try to launch ASC again... but it crashed every time without showing any error.

Then I reinstalled ASC and it worked normally again, but then MCC didn't recognized my controller.  Reinstalled MCC and it recognized my controller again, but now ASC crashes again.... so basically I can't have both programs working.

Any ideas of what could be the problem ?

TimArturia

• HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
Re: MacOS 10.15: MCC & ASC can't live together
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 08:40:54 am »
Hi,

Wow, never heard about such issue, are you using the current production build ?
The current MCC is 1.13.6.8 and the current ASC is 2.4.3.1965.

Even if I've seen your report here, I recommand you to contact our support team in order for the issue to be logged in our database.
They may provide a fix or a workaround that I'm not aware of.

Anyway, thanks for the report.

Have a great day !

vespina

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 06:34:33 pm »
I confirm I am using the latest version for MMC/Mac (1.13.6.8) and for ASC/Mac (2.4.3.1965).  One little detail I forgot to mention: when I installed ASC, I moved the Arturia folder to the 2nd internal drive.  Not sure if this is related to the problem itself.

TimArturia

• HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2022, 12:40:06 pm »
Okay, thanks for confirming the version, and yes the custom Arturia folder is a great informations for me to check what's wrong.

We'll do our best to fix the issue in the upcoming versions (either MCC or ASC depending where the problem is).

Thanks for the report. 

vespina

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2022, 03:52:51 pm »
Glad it help.  Just want to add another suggestion:  when configuring a new install of ASC, at the screen where it allows you to change the location of the Arturia folder, once you click on the "Browse" button, a dialog appears asking if you want to move the content of your "current" Arturia folder to the new location. 

The dialog's options are "No" or "Yes", and the wording leads you to think that YES would actually migrate all the content con /Library/Arturia to the new location, and "No" will avoid that process and continue to either create a new Arturia folder in the new location or REUSE the one existing in the new location (if any).

But what really happens is that if you click in "No" nothing happens, which is not intuitive at all.  Maybe "Cancel" instead of "No" would make this dialog a bit clearer.

Also, at no point the ASC configuration process instructed me to give Files/Folder access to ASC in the Mac security settings, so the first time I clicked on "YES" on the mentioned dialog, nothing happened.  I had to go to the Mac's security settings, give Files/Folders access to ASC and then it worked as expected.

Hope this helps.

TimArturia

• HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 09:54:07 am »
Hello,

To keep you updated, this is indeed an ASC bug, where the relocation of the Arturia folder can create big mess.
We will release an ASC update in the upcoming weeks to fix it, we just need to take a bit of time to tests everything. 

Cheers !

vespina

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2022, 05:56:01 pm »
Thanks for the update.  Good luck with your tests.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines