April 20, 2024, 09:16:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Original factory presets are incorrect.  (Read 1714 times)

LBH

Original factory presets are incorrect.
« on: September 23, 2022, 08:29:15 pm »
Arturia,

In case you don't know, then original hardware factory presets like 11 Brass and others has settings and sound far from the original. I suggets you go through the original presets again, and correct those that sound incorrect.

Many compare the quality of a softsynth with the original hardware using those sounds, and it give a wrong impression if they sound incorrect. The presets should sound correct as they can - no matter in which synth for that matter. I don't understand, if you don't care, as it's a selling point.

Just my thoughts on this.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Original factory presets are incorrect.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 11:32:07 am »
It's a very valid point IMO and one which Arturia seem to continually overlook. It took them until V4 of the CS80 get get somewhat there with the panel presets. They won't correct Prophet 5 presets in the current version; that tends not to be the way Arturia work, because it would annoy people currently using those sounds. It's going to be a job for the next version, if at all.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

waltercruz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Original factory presets are incorrect.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2022, 01:10:23 am »
Kinda of a shame, because they did it really well in the Jupiter (used Arturia Jup-8V as reference to implement the Jupiter-8 factory paches on TAL J-8) and, it seems that the patches on OPX-a are really good too - I followed along some videos on youtube with the orginal factory patches and the ones on OPX-a are really well done.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 01:57:41 am by waltercruz »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines