April 20, 2024, 06:42:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Polybrute Connect and Logic  (Read 769 times)

asinla

• Apprentice
Polybrute Connect and Logic
« on: August 11, 2022, 06:42:07 pm »
Has anyone managed to get Polybrute Connect to work successfully with Logic Pro?

It will not record any cc messages at all when using the Connect plugin and Local Control does not shut off properly. It seems to work with the VST version as can be seen in the Arturia youtube video where it is demonstrated in Live I think it is.
I can kind of get it to work using Logic's External Instrument plugin but that defeats the purpose of having the Polybrute Connect plugin and having the librarian and editor right in front of me.

Support have been largely unhelpful so far.

Thanks in advance.

asinla

• Apprentice
Re: Polybrute Connect and Logic
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 06:21:22 pm »
Can no one help me? No other Logic users on here?

Thanks!

Daniel Rebel

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 04:25:03 am »
Hi Asinla,
I‘m not using Logic, but in Live it‘s the same thing. If you use Polybrute Connect, it shuts down midi cc communication, but apparently uses its own communication protocol. All controller movement is then being recorded as automation. If you want to record midi cc data from all the knobs, you have to close PBC and enable the sending of midi cc data in the Polybrute Settings (Midi->Control Change I believe).

Then the Polybrute sends midi cc for all knobs. But be aware: In this mode the Morphèe data is being recorded as midi cc, but the Polybrute won’t react to it during play back. Why? No clue.

Cheers
Daniel

asinla

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 04:54:41 pm »
Thanks Daniel.

Yeah I must say that the midi implementation is extremely dodgy. I am using it as my main controller at the moment and every time I open Logic in the morning the Polybrute switches the note on and note off messages. I have to turn it off and on again to fix it.  ???

Support have been unhelpful in any way, shape or form.

I'll give it a couple of updates before making the move to sell.

Cheers.

-A

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines