April 19, 2024, 11:43:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Knobs, faders don’t work on Logic Pro with connection by midi cables  (Read 745 times)

tanbui

Pls help me.

When connecting my Keylab 61 mkii to Logic Pro either via bluetooth midi or by midi cable to the midi ports of the sound interface, the knobs and faders do not work. When I try with Analog Lab, knobs and faders work fine.

BTW, knobs and faders work fine when I connect by USB cable.

Thank you.

tanbui

Re: Knobs, faders don’t work on Logic Pro with connection by midi cables
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 03:37:40 pm »
I found out that over usb cable, Keylab mkii generate 2 midi sources, namely “keylab mkii midi” midi source and “keylab mkii daw” midi source. Notes are sent over “keylab mkii midi” midi source while knob/fader controls are sent over “keylab daw” midi source.

When connecting via bluetooth midi or midi cable, there is only one midi source which is used to send notes, the knob control is not sent to Logic Pro. For Analog Lab, notes and knob/fader controls are sent through the same midi source.

Look like, there is no solution or workaround if I want to use bluetooth midi or midi cable and still can use the knobs and faders

vespina

• Apprentice
Re: Knobs, faders don’t work on Logic Pro with connection by midi cables
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 03:04:42 pm »
I had a similar problem while configuring Camelot App remote control features.  It turned out that the "Keylab MIIDI IN" midi source does not export DAW-related functions (like play/pause, stop, record) messages, but IT DOES send regular notes and ALSO faders/knobs messages. Of this I am sure because I actually programmed faders to control the layer's level in a Camelot scene.  I had to create two remote control profiles:

a) One linked to "Keylab MIDI IN" input to assign faders/knobs
b) One linked to "Keylab DAW IN" input to assign DAW controls to functions in Camelot like start/stop backing tracks.

So, even if when connected by MIDI cable the Keylab only expose the normal "MIDI IN" interface, it should include fader/knobs MIDI data... Unless that, by design, the Keylab is not exporting CC messages over the MIDI cable, which would be really weird.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines