April 24, 2024, 04:19:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: piano pedal units with half damper for keylab?  (Read 796 times)

santa

• Apprentice
piano pedal units with half damper for keylab?
« on: September 20, 2022, 02:26:57 pm »
Is there a piano-type 3-pedal unit with a half damper function that will work perfectly (including the half damper function), with the Keylab 88 MkII? I notice that  the Roland RPU-3 has a half damper function that works with Roland keyboards, but does this particular function also work with the Keylab MkII?

santa

• Apprentice
Re: piano pedal units with half damper for keylab?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 01:59:01 am »
I can now answer my question. The Roland RPU-3 works perfectly with Keylab MkII. All that is required to get it running and fully functional, apart from plugging it in to the Keylab, is to set the sustain pedal to be a control rather than a switch using Midi Control Center.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 10:53:07 pm by santa »

santa

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 10:54:48 pm »
I discovered today that the RPU-3 is no longer working properly with the Keylab MkII. The pedals now all act as switches, even though I have them set to "continuous control" in my settings. I have no idea why this is, or how to fix it.

sharpnine

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2022, 07:42:10 pm »
Have you configured the pedals as specified in section 8.12 of the Keylab 88 KMII manual? You will need to do it for all three pedals. Also section 8.16 section on calibration of the pedals. It's possible that you overrode the global settings using Midi control center, but these settings got lost when you made some other change.
If you change them in the global settings of the keyboard per the manual they should stick.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines