April 27, 2024, 02:30:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: USB B - C not Recognized in MCC  (Read 420 times)

drumrhyno

USB B - C not Recognized in MCC
« on: September 18, 2022, 11:32:17 pm »
I'm using a Minilab MKII with a USB B to C cable. The keyboard powers up and works totally fine with Ableton and all plugins, but if I need to change mappings via MCC, MCC does not recognize the keyboard at all until I plug it in via USB B - A cable. This isn't a huge issue until I leave the house with just my MBpro (USB-C connections only) without my USB hub. Would love to see an update that rectifies this.

TimArturia

• HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
Re: USB B - C not Recognized in MCC
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 12:56:01 pm »
Hello drumrhyno,

I fear that the USB B to C adapter is the faulty one here.

Do you find the MiniLab MKII in the devices list (either in Audio MIDI Setup -> Midi Studio or in About this Mac -> System Report -> USB) ?
My though are that you will not see it, because you're adapter does not forward the USB data cables correctly.

Are you able to successfully use the adapter (for a real use, not only powering/charging the device) with another device which also needs data ?
Can you try the same cable with any other USB Midi Controller or even your phone ?

I truly think that's not a MCC issue, but a cable/adapter issue.

If we found that the MCC is the faulty guy in the story, I will totally try to reproduce your issue (maybe you can link me the reference of your adapter) and fix it.

Thanks !

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines