March 28, 2024, 04:37:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MB2 Sequencer Question: End of Sequence/Sync?  (Read 2093 times)

PlushElderGod

MB2 Sequencer Question: End of Sequence/Sync?
« on: January 16, 2021, 08:18:14 pm »
Hi! I would like to send an end of sequence (or beginning of sequence) reset trigger to other modules in my rack. How do I do this? I must be missing something obvious. Best, Plush

psienide

Re: MB2 Sequencer Question: End of Sequence/Sync?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 02:15:36 am »
Reset signals are just a clock pulse, but there's not an easy way to accomplish this with the regular MB2. You could maybe use the velocity or modulation track signal and shape it into a pulse if you have the right eurorack gear - but then you would be eating up a track. Velocity is just a control voltage active during the duration of a note, so that might work a pulse - but I think with the MB2 every entered step has a velocity. You might be limited in what you could do here. I would experiment with those first probably. Try setting a full modulation on the first or last step, or seeing if a specific velocity amount will trigger a reset.

If you have a midi module that accepts and copies a reset signal that might be the easiest.

PlushElderGod

Re: MB2 Sequencer Question: End of Sequence/Sync?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 11:01:28 pm »
Thank you very much for your response. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but good to know that it wasn't just my incompetence. Best, Plush

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines