April 25, 2024, 10:39:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Polybrute Midi Template in V Collection/Analog Lab  (Read 685 times)

jgraham12345

• Apprentice
Polybrute Midi Template in V Collection/Analog Lab
« on: September 08, 2022, 10:46:35 pm »
It would be amazing if Arturia could create a pre-mapped midi template in V Collection/Analog lab like they have for their dedicated midi controllers (e.g., Key 88). With the polybrute able to send midi messages, this should be able to be accomplished. I have tried midi learn in V Collection with the Polybrute and it does not work at all. It would be a wonderful feature for those of us who dropped $2600 on the synth plus $600 on V Collection. That's a lot of money to spend on these products and it would make sense for these two products to be able to work together.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 10:48:06 pm by jgraham12345 »

modalmixture

• modeswitching
Re: Polybrute Midi Template in V Collection/Analog Lab
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 08:55:36 pm »
That's strange, I have used MIDI learn to set up PolyBrute profiles on many of the V Collection instruments and it works great. The problem with Arturia creating a default mapping is that with so many controls on the PB, you'd never be sure what was mapped to what. Should the Juno filter be mapped to the ladder cutoff, the steiner cutoff, or the master cutoff? Should the lfo controls be mapped to LFO1 because that's the most obvious, or to LFO2 because that one has a delay control? What about controls that have no obvious equivalent on the PB, such as lfo -> filter amount? At least doing it manually you can use the mappings that make the most sense to you.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 09:05:25 pm by modalmixture »

jgraham12345

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 09:45:18 pm »
How did you get midi mapping to work for you? I had pigments open the other night thinking that would be a good candidate. There are two filters in pigments and two filters on the Polybrute. When I clicked midi learn on filter one in pigments, then tried to assign it to either the mater cutoff, filter 1 cutoff, or filter two curtoff, the movement was either on or off. There was not smooth movement. When I tried assigning other parameters in any other instrument, I would get zero movement even though the midi had been assigned through midi learn. Any tips settings you used to get it to work? Thanks for the response!

modalmixture

• modeswitching
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 04:16:09 am »
I just tried doing some midi learn in Pigments and it works as expected, so I suspect it may be an issue with your midi setup. In the MIDI settings I'm using the PolyBrute MIDI port over USB. Only other thing I can think is that maybe if you have Connect running at the same time, that could be interfering.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines