April 20, 2024, 08:52:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ableton Live Lite to Standard broke Arturia DAW mapping?  (Read 893 times)

is_ryan

• Apprentice
Ableton Live Lite to Standard broke Arturia DAW mapping?
« on: September 12, 2022, 01:32:14 am »
I've been using Ableton Live Lite that came bundled with my new Keylab mkII 61. Been using it for a few weeks now with no issues.

Today I updated to Ableton Live Standard and suddenly my midi mappings are off. All of my settings in the Link Tempo Midi section from Lite seemed to transfer over. All of the DAW controls work just fine.

However, several keys in the keyboard now trigger DAW commands instead of their notes when I'm trying to play instruments. It's made the keyboard completely unusable in Ableton. I assume this is just an Ableton setting I need to change, but I can't figure it out. I do notice that the Key/Midi In Indicator light will turn on when I trigger the following notes:
D4 - switches between arrangement and Session view
D5 - toggles loop switch
D#5 - Toggles punch-in switch

There are several more keys that don't register, but they're not causing any UI changes in the DAW so i'm not sure what they're mapped to. I went to the Midi mappings section and it's empty. I've attached screenshots of current settings (I turned off as much as I could to try and avoid any conflicts).

Any idea what would cause this to happen with the default Live Daw integration with Ableton? Is there a way to set it back?

is_ryan

• Apprentice
Re: Ableton Live Lite to Standard broke Arturia DAW mapping?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 08:56:40 pm »
I've tried just about every combination of checkboxes in the Midi section. Turning tracking off for everything prevented it from receiving commands (as expected). I thought just having In 1 set to Track and everything else checked off would address the problem but no dice.

is_ryan

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 02:44:25 am »
I tried just about every possible combination of Midi settings within Ableton Live and finally found a specific combination that helped reset the midi connection. Wanted to share it in case anyone runs into the same issue.

- I went into Preferences/Link Tempo Midi and changed all Control Surfaces to None. I did find that the input was stuck on KeyLab mkii 61, so I had to change control surface back in order to remove that first.
- With all Midi Control Surface, Input, and Output set to None, I closed out of Ableton Live
- I turned on the keyboard (accidentally left in Analog Lab mode just in case it makes a difference)
- When Ableton loaded, I added a midi instrument to a new track, switched to DAW mode, and everything worked as expected.

It looks like Ableton detected the keyboard and automatically set the Midi preferences (they're slightly different than I had left them before I set everything to None). Whatever it did reset the mapping and things are working well again.

Albert Strasser

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 07:35:02 pm »
You're my hero. Was having the same issue and this resolved it. Cheers!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines