April 20, 2024, 06:45:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sending Clock Data from Keystep37 Without Sequence Playing  (Read 1361 times)

Robin73

• Apprentice
Sending Clock Data from Keystep37 Without Sequence Playing
« on: April 16, 2022, 07:52:41 pm »
Hi. I'm using my Keystep37 with a Novation Circuit Tracks, and the tempo is determined by whichever device I hit play on. This means if I want to set the tempo using the Keystep, I have to create an empty pattern and have it run continuously. This seems odd. Am I missing something please?

Maybe the Keystep37 can send continuous clock data somehow, so the Circuit is locked in "SYS" on the tempo page?

ruinerhalo666

• Apprentice
Re: Sending Clock Data from Keystep37 Without Sequence Playing
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 02:22:02 pm »
Hi. I'm using my Keystep37 with a Novation Circuit Tracks, and the tempo is determined by whichever device I hit play on. This means if I want to set the tempo using the Keystep, I have to create an empty pattern and have it run continuously. This seems odd. Am I missing something please?

Maybe the Keystep37 can send continuous clock data somehow, so the Circuit is locked in "SYS" on the tempo page?

Bump I have the same question, it seems really difficult to just get the arpeggiator/sequencer to separate from the start/play midi commands flying around. Still can't get it working to my liking. I'm really underwhelmed with the 37. Looking at a Launchkey37 that has good midi and daw integration (Ableton still doesn't have an entry for this Midi device and if you ask arturia they tell you can change the CCs on the keyboard itself, which is like, great, I know, I just want it to work without having to do these annoying shift key-commands that aren't printed on the unit itself anywhere, you are forced to the manual if you can't figure it out on your own)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines