March 29, 2024, 12:49:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Recreating Bassline "Enjoy the Silence" by Depeche Mode  (Read 1312 times)

AdamW

Recreating Bassline "Enjoy the Silence" by Depeche Mode
« on: September 10, 2022, 09:17:28 am »
Hello and Good Day,

my Name is Michael and i am new here.

I'm also new to the Mini V3. I've had the idea of recreating the Enjoy the Silence bass line for years and looked at this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAhXTyPK4Tk) as a basis. But I just can't get that sound. The video is also older, I wanted to transfer the settings from the video to the Mini V3, but the result doesn't sound good.

Can someone help? Thank you very much.

Michael

LBH

Re: Recreating Bassline "Enjoy the Silence" by Depeche Mode
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 06:07:30 pm »
Hi,

The Emphasis changed quite a bit in Mini V3. And the overall sound got less bottom end. So the same settings in that preset will not sound the same in V3.

I can suggest you try to set a lower Emphasis. Perhaps even down to around 4 instead of 6, but use your ears.

Also i can see the preset use Velocity to control Cutoff. That mean the Velocity you send to Mini V will be very important. So look out for that. It's probably the most important thing for how it sounds.

Also be careful to read the windows that opens, when a parameter is changed.
In example the Square in OSC 2 seem to be changed to a pulse at 20%. You can also try just to use one of the Pulse waveforms instead.
And the LFO amount in the matrix is also changed some times i think.

Be sure the Decay button is on and the Glide is off.

The notes for the sequence is send to Mini V. It's not a internal sequence.

Perhaps this helps. I believe you can get a good result.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 06:25:05 pm by LBH »

AdamW

Re: Recreating Bassline "Enjoy the Silence" by Depeche Mode
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 05:25:23 pm »
Nope, no chance. I really tried, but the difference between V1 and V3 is too big. My second plan was to vary an existing preset ... don't ask. But i had another Idea, I found another video with a preset download (Reverb.com) and it works. The sound is not perfect, but it is a very, very good basis, the changes are only marginal.

I guess, i'm too new to Mini V3 (Bought 5 weeks ago) and still have a lot to learn.

Thanks for LBH and everyone who looked in  :)

-Michael

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines