March 28, 2024, 04:18:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Velocity curve doubt - V3  (Read 1556 times)

10wavesofyou

• Apprentice
Velocity curve doubt - V3
« on: September 07, 2022, 09:54:21 pm »
question:
if i set up the keyboard global velocity on midi control centre (eg. logaritmic) and than i set up in piano V3  a custom velocity curve (eg. another logaritmic), will i get the sum of both curves or just one of them ?
i m not sure which is the best way to approach this.
thank you for reply

LBH

Re: Velocity curve doubt - V3
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 12:18:38 am »
Hi,

The way i understand it is:
1. Your controller settings will send out velocity values according to how you play.
2. Applications will react to the incomming velocity values.

That will mean that changing your controllers velocity curve will change the velocity values send out from your controller when you play the same way as with another curve, and thus also a application will recieve another velocity value that it will react to. Applications will allways react the same if it get send the same velocity value.

So both settings have an impact, but velocity today has values from 0 to 127. Nothing sum up, but you may feel changes, when you change velocity curves on your controller or your application. It's about send and recieved velocity values.

(It's possible to same multiple velocity curves in Piano V3.)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 12:20:48 am by LBH »

10wavesofyou

• Apprentice
Re: Velocity curve doubt - V3
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 10:45:13 pm »
Thank you for reply,
now i understood that both settings, midi controller and VST have impact on velocity
i think it s better to find out and set up the feel on the keyboard with midi controller settings on MCC (in my case Keylab MkII 88 weighted Keys), in this way the velo curve will apply to all the softwares and not just piano V3.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines