March 29, 2024, 12:10:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sound Packs for Atruria Mini Lab MK 2  (Read 992 times)

DJSky

Sound Packs for Atruria Mini Lab MK 2
« on: September 06, 2022, 02:30:47 am »
After I got my Arturia Mini Lab MK2 set up I explored the Aturia site and saw they had free sound packs.  I downloaded a bunch of them.  Some of them had set up file you could run and it would set up.  The others just downloaded and I was wondering how to set those up?  Instructions kind of confusing.   Please advise.  I save the files in the computer download.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Sound Packs for Atruria Mini Lab MK 2
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 08:58:46 am »
Welcome.

I think there is a communication / terminology boundary here, that we're doing to have to break through to understand each other.

First of all the MiniLab is a MIDI controller. All it will do is play sounds in audio software on your PC, Mac, iOS or Android device. You cannot install or download 'soundpacks' to it.

As a new purchaser of MiniLab, you will be entitled to the free download of:

- Analog Lab Intro, which is a 'crippleware' version of the Arturia Analog Lab software for Mac/PC
- Ableton Live Lite, which is again a 'crippleware' version of the popular DAW recording software for Mac/PC.

Analog Lab includes a Sound Store: an official marketplace where you can download new sounds which creators have uploaded for commercial distribution. Maybe this is what you mean by Sound Packs. But these self-install into Analog Lab.

Other than that there are demos of other V Collection instruments on the main Arturia website, but these need to be manually installed, as per the usual method of installing software in your computer, and are not sound packs.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

DJSky

Re: Sound Packs for Atruria Mini Lab MK 2
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 05:20:00 pm »
I am coming from the Akai MPK Mini World, and they call their sounds you can purchase expansion packs.  Here is the website I am referring to https://www.arturia.com/sounds.  Some of them are marked as free.  You can download them, and they have a Install file or .exe file.   Some do not.  How do you handle the ones that don't have an exe file which is about half of the free ones.   Please advise.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines