April 26, 2024, 10:23:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What are the odds for a 37 key version? (AKAI is beating Arturia at this)  (Read 1291 times)

mavck

• Apprentice
I do not have many complaints with the Minilab MkII.
Actually, it made me realize I don't need big controllers for the most part (having a KeyLab MkII which is great, but takes too much space).

I do think the Minilab MkII is perfect the way it is because of how portable it is, but I wouldn't mind having it for traveling, while having a bigger unit, same key size, same everything, but with more keys (and of course, whatever buttons you can add to nicely use the space the keys would bring on the board, let's say transport for instance, or just more physical pads for a total of 24 (12 phyiscal, 12 added with the Pad button) so we can program them as we like).

It seems to me there is a market for smaller controllers/keys that is not necessarily "on the go", there is a gap between the MiniLab series and the KeyLab series (seeing the Keystep series as something completely separate).

Thanks for letting us have a forum :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 07:27:29 am by mavck »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: What are the odds for a 37 key version?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 08:37:19 am »
It's a fair request.
For my part I just wish Arturia would have added aftertouch to the MkII MiniLabs. I had to buy a KeyStep in order to get what I consider to be a really vital basic feature, but all of the sequencer functions on it, that I still paid for in its purchase price, are useless to me because I will never use them. I just wanted a keyboard with small keys, 32/37 notes and aftertouch. But bizarrely it's like I was asking for the almost-impossible.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

mavck

• Apprentice
Re: What are the odds for a 37 key version?
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 07:03:09 am »
Thanks!
Yes, indeed even 32 would be more than acceptable. As long as they keep the current layout (meaning, everything on top except keys).
I have an M32, and having the pitch and modulation on the side make that thing almost unusable for me. I always touch them by mistake, and if it weren't for those,
it would probably fit most bags, making it both portable and with plenty of keys, but nope...

I know Arturia knows better ;)

mavck

• Apprentice
A new XL or Plus or whatever version of the Akai MPK has been leaked.
I think I will just buy that until Arturia makes this happen.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines