March 29, 2024, 04:17:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Export All My Custom Presets?  (Read 1117 times)

WHAMMO!

• Apprentice
Export All My Custom Presets?
« on: September 01, 2022, 01:58:46 am »
Hey,

I am doing a fresh WIN11 install and need to export all the custom presets I've made.

Is there an easy way to do this?

TIA!

LBH

Re: Export All My Custom Presets?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 12:23:50 am »
Hi,

You can export preset banks and individual presets using the Export function in the main menus of the applications.

But you can also use the backup of your presets in your main preset folder, and then just copy them to your new install and let the database rebuild, when you in example open Analog Lab.

If you don't have a backup, then i suggest you create one and also do so in the future as it's also a safety to not loose your presets, in case e
anything go wrong. It might not be your fault, but it will be your presets lost anyway, if you don't have a backup.
(I can also suggest to export preset banks, when you change them.)

WHAMMO!

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 12:47:11 am »
Hi,

You can export preset banks and individual presets using the Export function in the main menus of the applications.

But you can also use the backup of your presets in your main preset folder, and then just copy them to your new install and let the database rebuild, when you in example open Analog Lab.

If you don't have a backup, then i suggest you create one and also do so in the future as it's also a safety to not loose your presets, in case e
anything go wrong. It might not be your fault, but it will be your presets lost anyway, if you don't have a backup.
(I can also suggest to export preset banks, when you change them.)

Thanks for the info!

I have my Documents folder backed up to the cloud, is there a way to simply direct Arturia to globally redirect/save all the presets to a specific folder?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 03:04:17 am »
I have my Documents folder backed up to the cloud, is there a way to simply direct Arturia to globally redirect/save all the presets to a specific folder?
Are you sure you have your Arturia presets in My Documents? Have your Resources folder location been set to My Documents folder? If not, then you might not have your user presets backed up.
Your user presets are located on the path set in ASC's Preferences. Is that path backed up to your Cloud Service?
If you have'nt browsed to your preset folder and understand how your presets are stored, then i suggest you do so. Be sure you have your presets.
Doing the exports might be a good idea for safety, if you are'nt too exsperienced with all this. The Export/ Import functionality is easy to do as it's done within the applications.

V-Collections presets has presets for many different applications. Each individual application has it's own preset format. The user presets are not located in the same User Folder. Each application have it's own main User folder where user folders/ (banks) are located.

For privacy reasons i don't use cloud services. But can't your cloud service transfer the files?
I assume you also just can use Windows copy paste functionalities.
There are file transfer tools out there, but i have never used one. But i think the above most likely would be easier.

Arturia have this options in case someone wan't to set or change the resource folder location: https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405741448850-Customize-your-resource-folder-location
There is no other way Arturia can transfer files between locations. And it's only for the full resources folder.

As i don't know about you, your installs and about what you know about, then i can't tell what's best for you to do.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 03:07:08 am by LBH »

WHAMMO!

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 07:42:21 am »
I am not backing up my presets yet, I was hoping there was a way to tell Arturia to put them all in my Documents folder ;)

I don't want to put the instrument libraries in the documents folder, just the custom presets.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 07:45:53 am by WHAMMO! »

LBH

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2022, 03:41:34 pm »
You did'nt write about splitting the preset to put your custom presets in My Documents while other resources files are located on a different location.
That's only possible if you export your presets using Arturia Export feature. And it's not possible to export all your user preset in all applications at the same time. But it is possible.
Exported presets are "copies" and not in use.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 04:59:20 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines