April 19, 2024, 09:48:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia MK3 88 - When available?  (Read 5771 times)

mxcdh

Arturia MK3 88 - When available?
« on: August 12, 2022, 03:51:50 pm »
Hello
I want to buy an Arturia MK2 88, but I want to ask our community about the rumor about Arturia MK3 88. Arturia planned this or next year to release a new version of MK88?

KnewBee

• Apprentice
Re: Arturia MK3 88 - When available?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 09:39:42 am »
Hi everyone

I'm also thinking of buying a MK II but don't want to do so if there's a newer version coming out shortly.

Does anyone have any information on the possible release dates for the MK III?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 11:17:55 am »
Welcome.

Sadly Arturia's 'modus operandi' is they choose never to disclose or give clues to any upcoming firmware, software or hardware upgrades/launches, and this is because, I suspect, for the reason you have just stated.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

KnewBee

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 05:38:36 pm »
Yeah I understand the company rationale (although I'd perhaps argue it's a double edged sword as people start to suspect new releases and so hold off purchasing, when we'd prob buy now if they said it'd be at least 6 months or whatever)

I'm hoping some folks here are maybe "in the know" and can me work out of it's worthwhile holding off or not (usual dangers of accepting advice from strangers on the internet fully accepted, of course!)

Do you think it's likely there'll be something before Christmas or are these things usually released in the summertime?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2022, 11:03:17 am »
I've been here (on the forum) a while and I can't say I've noticed a pattern for controller launches.
The original KL88 which I still own was launched in 2015 while the MkII came four years later in 2019.
Assuming the 4-year cycle was is typical, it looks like it might be late next year when the MkIII arrives, with MkIII 49's and 61's arriving before it.

Though all my words are just 100% supposition because the people who do know won't tell us.
Compared to some other companies (e.g. Apple, whom we know launch a new iPhone, i(Pad)OS and MacOS every Autumn, reliable as clockwork), Arturia are very tight-lipped about hardware, software and firmware launches.

IMO if I was in need of an 88 key midi controller RN and I was satisfied the KL88 MkII met my needs, I'd just buy one. I mean let's be honest, it's only a MIDI controller: a MkIII, whenever it's launched, isn't exactly going to be bringing features with it that cure Covid, end wars and eliminate world hunger; it's just going to be more of the same wrapped-up in a slightly different package. You can spend your whole life letting FOMO spoil your enjoyment of the 'now'.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 02:53:41 pm by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

KnewBee

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2022, 11:28:40 pm »
Thank you for taking the time to reply

Part of my issue is I'm not sure what I want/need, but that probably needs a new thread...

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2022, 03:27:03 pm »
I'd maybe just order a MkII now and see if you like it. You can always return it if not.
The keybed is by Italian mfr Fatar...some people (like me) gel with it, whereas some people don't like it at all and claim it's too heavy even for a piano-feel keybed. It's a very subjective thing, more so than with a synth-action keyboard I would say.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines