April 23, 2024, 12:17:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Unable to Update Firmware to 4.0.1 (WIND10)  (Read 581 times)

redaquawater

Unable to Update Firmware to 4.0.1 (WIND10)
« on: August 18, 2022, 12:18:32 am »
So I've had my MF (Microfreak) for a bit, was able and still able to send midi data through USB fine. It was only recently when I downloaded MCC (MIDI Control Center). (for my new KeyStep, if thats a thing to note for troubleshooting's sake)

This is when I discover I can upgrade my firmware for the MF to 4.0.1 (Currently 3.0.6). Yet every time I Install and click Ok to upgrade firmware, MCC just crashes. No feedback. I try again, and same thing happens. I turned my MF off and on again, tried again, same issue.

I am on Windows 10 19044.1826. The one thing of note I have noticed is that when I turn the MF on, I see on my Device Manager a 'Other Device > Firmware Updater'. The Firmware Updater has a yellow triangle on the side of the icon, which I believe this indicates that Windows sees an issue with said device driver. I know for a fact this is a child driver of the MF because it is listed as such in the Devices and Printers>Arturia MicroFreak>Properties>Hardware. At the same time, when I look up 'Bluetooth and other devices' on Windows Search, I see Arturia Microfreak in Other Devices and it says "Driver is unavailable'.

Is the Frimware Updater for my MF simply fried? I was looking forward to uploading my own wavetables to my MF upon discovering I can do that in 4.0.1.

Is there any more information I can provide, let me know. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 12:22:35 am by redaquawater »

Polish_Prince

• Apprentice
Re: Unable to Update Firmware to 4.0.1 (WIND10)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 06:16:14 am »
If the USB is plugged into a hub, try removing it from the hub and directly into your computer and see if that helps. Good luck.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines