March 28, 2024, 08:50:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Piano v2 to v3 ????  (Read 722 times)

Slimkey

• Apprentice
Piano v2 to v3 ????
« on: August 11, 2022, 04:04:17 am »
Has anyone upgraded or bought this upgrade or product ? I’d love to hear about it . What’s new what’s different than v2?? The GUI looks cool but I’m really curious if the upgrade for me is worth it ...I will probably see what others are saying before spending any money as I already bought quite a bit of arturia products without prior research....not something I usually do .
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 04:42:36 am by Slimkey »

LBH

Re: Piano v2 to v3 ????
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 08:20:40 pm »
Don't you think it's better to download Piano V3 and run it in demo mode and find out what you think about it? Nobody can tell if it's worth it for you but yourself anyway. It can be installed alongside Piano V2.
I assume you will find Piano V3 is even better than Piano V2.

Slimkey

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 10:47:38 pm »
Of course ....sorry I failed to mention it came loaded as a demo with all the other included software ....it was the only plugin that was demo so I was kinda surprised it wasn’t just included. It’s really hard to tell if it worth it ...Not sure 75 dollars as an upgrade price is affordable whether it’s better or not ....thought people might just say hey it’s great worth every penny or yes I like it a dramatic improvement to v2. I’m new to arturia so I was hoping to hear some opinions is all. Thanks fir your time in responding .

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 11:05:41 am »
It's all subjective but here's my opinion to take or leave...

Piano V3 sounds waaaay more real than V2. My favourite preset is the 1982 piano: finally, an Arturia piano that actually cuts through a mix. For me, none of the pianos in V1 or V2 were usable. The endless options of different piano types, lid positions, mic positions, reverbs and so on, never compensated for the fact they just didn't sound real. For my purposes, that made them pretty pointless.

Had I been Arturia, I wouldn't have bothered marketing a modelled piano VST until my programming team could come up with something that sounded as good as these V3 pianos. I only ended up with Piano V1 and then V2 via my purchases of the V Collections they came in. No way would I have bought them otherwise, because I felt we were being charged for the privilege of buying very-much-WIP software which really wasn't 'there' yet. But then again, Arturia would have lost sales by adopting that approach, which is probably why I don't work in marketing...

The V3 pianos are much, much better, and I would willingly buy the app for the upgrade price, were I not patiently waiting for Arturia to give me a good Black Friday deal on an upgrade to VC9, which will already include Piano V3.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 02:01:19 pm by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Slimkey

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2022, 05:22:59 am »
I hear that about waiting for a good black Friday sale for v9!!! Right on ...thank you

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines