April 16, 2024, 08:34:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Issue with pigments in Cakewalk  (Read 788 times)

Shadoitlo

Issue with pigments in Cakewalk
« on: August 23, 2022, 08:00:37 pm »
Hello!

So I am attempting to use Pigments in Cakewalk for some music production. I have it installed and it is recognizing Pigments and even allows me to load the plugin, however no matter what I use (keyboard, my KeyStep Pro, or even simply clicking the keys on Pigments itself with my mouse) absolutely no sound is created.

When I open pigments independently (outside of Cakewalk) I am able to get sound, but ONLY by clicking the keys inside Pigments with my mouse. I can't seem to get my KeyStep Pro to work with Pigments whether it is inside Cakewalk or not.

I use my KeyStep Pro for loads of other VSTs inside Cakewalk with no issue, so I don't understand why it won't work with Pigments, especially since they are both Arturia products.

Pigments is updated to the latest version, as is Cakewalk. I have KeyStep pro set as my midi controller in the MIDI Preferences in Cakewalk. Pigments is set to "ALL Midi Channels".

If somebody could help me figure out what the possible fixes might be I would be greatly appreciative! Thank you for your time & consideration!

LBH

Re: Issue with pigments in Cakewalk
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 08:22:43 pm »
no matter what I use (keyboard, my KeyStep Pro, or even simply clicking the keys on Pigments itself with my mouse) absolutely no sound is created.
Hi,

I don't use Cakewalk.

If this is true where you don't even have sound when clicking the GUI keyboard with your mouse, and if you do like when using other instruments without issues, then i suggest you contact Arturia support, and see if they can reproduce the issue.
It look like no audio at all is passed.

If you don't allready, then you can try to use midi channel 1 and see if it make any difference. But you should get sound using your mouse with the GUI keyboard. However i have just tested, and it look like something is wrong, as even if i get sound using the mouse and GUI keyboard in my DAW, then it does'nt record, and it sound when it actually should'nt.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines