March 29, 2024, 05:07:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to assign two Midi sources to different controls  (Read 798 times)

phaenomanie

How to assign two Midi sources to different controls
« on: August 06, 2022, 07:32:34 pm »
I want to use my Theremini as a MIDI Controller for Pigments using the „learn“ button. The Theremini has two antennas, both can be used to control MIDI. Now I want so assign one antenna to the Pigments master volume and the other antenna to any other Pigments control.

I'm despairing of assigning the two sources to two different controls in Pigments. I only can assign one or both antennas to one parameter, when I create a new one, the first one is overwritten.

The Theremini sends CC2 (first antenna) und CC20 (second antenna). How can I manage to assign the two antennas to two different controls in Pigments? (in other software synthesizers this is very easy, just assign the antennas one after the other with "midi learn")

I hope someone has a tip, or knows a suitable tutorial?

LBH

Re: How to assign two Midi sources to different controls
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2022, 04:19:15 pm »
Hi,

I only can assign one or both antennas to one parameter, when I create a new one, the first one is overwritten.
It's only possible to assign one midi CC to a parameter in a single midi config. I have no idea how you have managed to assign two.

I assume you use Pigments midi learn. If not then click the Workwheel next to the Advanced button in the top of the application to open the sidepanel, click the MIDI tab, and click the MIDI learn.

I understand you have one Theremin that send out two midi CCs. It should be no trouble at all to assign each to different parameters.
I can tell, that Pigments Master volume in default midi config is set to midi CC #7. Keep in mind Pigments has a AMP MOD parameter. I assume you can set your theremins controls to any midi CC you wish, so that can give you different possibilities.

Hope this helps.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines