April 19, 2024, 04:43:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to automate volume (Cubase)?  (Read 1184 times)

smw_brighton

• Apprentice
How to automate volume (Cubase)?
« on: August 05, 2022, 10:08:42 pm »
After adding the DX7 V as an instrument track in Cubase and recording some midi, I have been unable to control the volume of the track using a standard volume automation lane. No volume edits in Cubase have any effect on the plugin and I am therefore unable to automate changes/fades etc. during playback.

I can't find anything relating to this in the manual - am I missing a setting in the plugin somewhere?

LBH

Re: How to automate volume (Cubase)?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 11:04:05 pm »
Hi,

I don't use Cubase. I assume a standard volume automation track in cubase send out midi CC#7 data. If so, then you have to assign that midi CC to DX7 volume, as it's not assigned by default, if that's the way you wan't to work.
Or you can ie create another automation track and choose DX7 automation volume parameter for that track.
Or perhaps set Volume in DX7's modulation matrix, and control it in other ways.
You can also automate your DAW channels volume.

smw_brighton

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 11:45:47 am »
Hi LBH,

I, like you, expected Cubase to send CC#7 as volume control data - but according to the DX7 V manual it should automatically respond to these, so I can only assume Cubase is sending something else...

[edit] Ok - I've figured it out: the automation has to be applied to the Instrument Track in Cubase instead of the MIDI Track.

Doh!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 11:52:10 am by smw_brighton »

LBH

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2022, 05:20:14 pm »
Ok. Then it was a DAW usage issue.
However - you do have other possibilities. Look out for the max limit for the master volume before the signal clip.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines