April 19, 2024, 04:38:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Newbie - overwhelmed at installation - cannot get access to sounds  (Read 615 times)

bsac

OK, folks, I'm a guitar player not a keyboard guy...this should set the scene.

I bought the MiniLab MkII because it said it came with 500 sounds and I needed something to lay down pad parts in my Reaper DAW.

What I ended up with was MORE than I bargained for. WOW! is this complicated or what???

It seemed like an endless installs of layer of software after software and I 'm still unable to access any of these sounds as VST instruments in my DAW.

I reached out to Arturia support that was useless because they live on another planet and are limited to cut and paste of the same directions for every single problem no matter what.

I was wondering if any keyboard guy could take pity on my retarded self and help a guy out?

Cheers, bob

LBH

Re: Newbie - overwhelmed at installation - cannot get access to sounds
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 10:43:13 pm »
Hi,

If you have installed all the software following Arturias instructions and the information you get during the installs, then have you also set a path in your DAW to the location of the VST, so the DAW can read it?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Newbie - overwhelmed at installation - cannot get access to sounds
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 10:16:13 am »
I haven't ever used Reaper but there will be a way of pointing a new midi track in Reaper at your installed VSTs. In the event you can't get it sorted here (though I've never known LBH to ever give up), you might be better joining a Reaper forum and asking them how to get Reaper to use external VSTs.

As for 'setting the scene' being a guitarist, I'm a keyboard player. Keyboards are easy: you've got 12 notes a semitone apart which repeat themselves at octave intervals, I could teach a five year old to play 'Happy Birthday To You' in ten minutes using numbered stickers on the keys, because each key plays the same unique note every time you press it. On the other hand there's no way I'll ever understand how you guitarists, and other strings players, know where to exactly put your fingers to get recognisable music out of a few strings stretched across a piece of wood. What you do is voodoo. EDIT woodwind and brass players are voodoo as well, they have nowhere near enough buttons on their instruments to get all the notes they play. You're all magicians.  :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 02:57:39 pm by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines