March 29, 2024, 07:24:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 88 MKII - light show  (Read 2620 times)

doncicchetti

• Apprentice
Keylab 88 MKII - light show
« on: April 21, 2022, 01:35:53 am »
Hi all,

New Keylab 88 MKII.  When not played or interacted with for a while, the unit starts playing a light show across the top buttons and controls.

A bit distracting.

Any way to shut that off?  I'd like to not have the light show if possible.

thanks

Don

amonti

• Apprentice
Re: Keylab 88 MKII - light show
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 09:52:03 pm »
Hi Don,

You may have seen this already, but on page 79 of the manual, you can turn on "Low Power" mode, and/or turn off "Vegas" mode in MIDI Control Centre/er (MCC) - either of which will stop the light show. Mine was off by default, I think. You need to have the controller connected and turned on to access the Global settings tab.

Link to English manual: https://downloads.arturia.net/products/keylab-49-mkII/manual/keylab-mkii_Manual_2_2_0_EN.pdf

- Andrew

doncicchetti

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 10:34:14 pm »
Thanks, I turned off the Veags Mode option in the MIDI control car app. It does seem to revert whenever powered up though.

Don

amonti

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2022, 06:59:16 pm »
That's odd - all MCC parameters are "written" to the MKII when you "save" and exit MCC - they should remain unchanged when turning the unit back on, as they're written to on-chip NVRAM. Are you using the default profile In MCC? Maybe try to create a new custom profile based on the default, change parameters, save, exit, and and see if turning your machine off and on saves the parameters - you should be able tell if the settings 'stuck' if Vegas mode doesn't occur. There shouldn't be any need to open MCC again.

Please let the group know if this works.

doncicchetti

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 11:00:56 pm »
It's staying off now.  Thanks. I'm so glad the light show is gone!

D

Slimkey

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2022, 04:02:15 am »
Seems like the latest update made my Vegas mode default to off. Now all I have to do is figure out what midi controller center does ?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2022, 11:14:35 am »
Seems like the latest update made my Vegas mode default to off. Now all I have to do is figure out what midi controller center does ?
MCC is for configuring advanced midi-settings on your controller, which are better managed through a computer driving an on-screen interface, rather than pressing a million simultaneous combinations of buttons on the facia like a finger version of Twister.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines