April 20, 2024, 07:22:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: For guitar, compare Focusrite Scarlett and Arturia MiniFuse.  (Read 1061 times)

Smoker13

I'm solely seeking for a new interface for recoding electric guitar. I won't be voice-recording this. So, after doing some research on my own, I came across these two interfaces, but which one is better for my needs?

Better pre-amps, air mode, a higher-quality casing, and years of experience working with drivers and equipment like this are all features of the Focusrite Scarlett. My only worry is that focusrite can sound too bright for recordings with only guitars. These preamps and air mode are not necessary.

With a second USB input, the Arturia MiniFuse appears more practical and offers better output power for headphones. I've also read that it sounds warm.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: For guitar, compare Focusrite Scarlett and Arturia MiniFuse.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 09:09:32 am »
Welcome.

Assuming you have enough money I'd recommend ordering both and returning the one you don't like. This decision is going to be very much based on personal preference. There isn't a single objective answer otherwise only one product would exist.

FWIW I didn't choose either of them because I wanted an interface with proper level meters on the inputs, so I could genuinely see how weak or hot the incoming signal was, not a lousy colour-changing LED round the gain knob that doesn't tell me very much until it clips. But that's a functionality preference on my part and in no way is a shrouded suggestion that the actual performance of either device is under par.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines