April 25, 2024, 07:06:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: workflow feature - project specific preset collections  (Read 725 times)

marlasky

workflow feature - project specific preset collections
« on: July 31, 2022, 07:44:22 pm »
I recently started using this awesome synth, and don't see me moving to anything else soon.

My workflow is based on a collaboration with other people, in which I receive a track, and then 'enhance' it.
When using Pigments, it would be very very useful to be able to create a project for a track (or for an ableton project), and being able to copy a bunch of presets to that project.

The way it would work for me is that when I start, I go over loads of presets, to get those with the general feel of where I want things to go. Then later, I start creating midi using those selected presets, and only after that will start finetuning the actual sounds.

If it were possible to 'set aside' a bunch of presets while browsing for sounds, possibly adding small notes, and having that specific collection of presets readily available in the project when I start editing midi, it would make life so much easier (all pen and paper now)

Maybe this is too specific to my way of working, but I just wanted to share the idea. Who knows it could be something more people would want :)

LBH

Re: workflow feature - project specific preset collections
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 08:00:04 pm »
Hi,

You can use Playlists.
You can copy/ save presets to a self created Bank.

You can even search words in the comments for a preset, when the comment is saved. Just use unique words.
You can also use a color tags untill you know what you wan't.

As i see it, then you allready have all the possibilities you wan't. You just have to use the possibilities. They allready excist.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 08:03:30 pm by LBH »

marlasky

Re: workflow feature - project specific preset collections
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 11:06:19 am »
Thank you! time to dive into the manual I guess

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines