March 29, 2024, 05:42:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arpeggiated chords  (Read 453 times)

jcalais

Arpeggiated chords
« on: July 26, 2022, 11:33:18 am »
So I'm reading from the Keystep Pro manual (1.1.0) that I downloaded off the internet. It says the following:

"If, for example, you still have the minor scale selected, as explained above, any key you
play on the keyboard will generate a minor chord! Can you arpeggiate this chord and thus
create an arpeggiated minor chord? Yes, of course you can!"

So the manual says you can arpeggiate chords, yet it doesn't seem to work that way? I'm beginning to suspect "arpeggiating chords" to the writer of the user manual just means "playing the same chord many times in time". Am I wrong or is there a way to actually break up the cords into separate notes that are arpeggiated, like one would assume from "can you arpeggiate this chord"?

Edit: Downloaded the 2.0 manual, where the text has been changed to: "For example, if you have the minor scale selected, any key you play on the keyboard
generates a minor chord. Then if you activate the arpeggiator and hold down a few notes,
you'll hear an arpeggiated minor chord".

A bit earlier, they have this definition of arpeggio: "An arpeggio is basically an outline of a chord: the notes are played individually, rather than
all at once" so even by their own definition, an arpeggiated chord means the chords are played with individual notes. So I'm still harbouring some hope this can work.

Finally, I found this nugget in the new manual: "It's a feature that adds a new dimension to the concept of an arpeggio. Chord mode enables
you to create blindingly fast and intricate polyphonic scale-quantized arpeggios; you'll hear
arpeggios as you've never heard them before — maybe not even in your wildest dreams!". That's promising a lot if the delivered product is just playing the same identical chord over and over again very fast.

Also: the captchas on this site are among the most painful I've seen. First time I have to resort to "listen to the letters" to know what is going on. Still, I'll soon be very proficient at writing Arturia backwards.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 12:23:06 pm by jcalais »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines