April 19, 2024, 07:53:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Drumbrute Impact into Modular FX units  (Read 1737 times)

monk

• Apprentice
Drumbrute Impact into Modular FX units
« on: July 20, 2022, 11:45:18 pm »
Hi, I want to expand on my DBI sound, but not use a whole bunch of outboard pedals due to space issues. I have previously used outboard pedals such as Gamechanger Light Pedal, S-Cat Double Trouble distortion and Blue Sky reverb.
So I was wondering if anyone had connecting their DBI to modular FX, such as LFO's, Filters, Distressors, delays reverbs, granular etc?
I have no experience with modular FX or modular in general, but thought this would be a good way to expand on my DBI sound while dipping my toes into the world of modular.
Any help or advice appreciated. Thank you

fiddymen

Re: Drumbrute Impact into Modular FX units
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 08:35:23 pm »
Hey monk-

It's definitely a good way to work with the sound, especially with up to five channels out, but be warned that modular (can be) more expensive and confusing than the pedal route. That being said, I really enjoy running a few of my drums through filters, or absurd distortion, then mixing and compressing all in a eurorack.

You may want to check out options for multichannel mixer/fx boxes as well. I'm not too knowledgeable there, though something like a 1010 Bluebox pairs real well with it by giving you accessing to panning/reverb/delay/eq up to 12 channels, and 3 stereo outs, one of which I use as 2 mono channels for fx sends (so you can use any pedal you have on hand).

If you have more questions about eurorack (or anything synth since this forum is dead), dm me and I can invite you to a synth/modular discord with super knowledgeable group of folks that are happy to give advice.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines