April 26, 2024, 09:48:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Editing sequences in MCC - It it possible to hear the sequence ?  (Read 419 times)

P195

Hi All,

I dont currently own any hardware instruments so I am connecting my keystep 37 via USB to control my software instruments in my DAW.

Currently when I try to load MCC when the KS37 is connected to my DAW, I get error message "failed to open the device, verify it is not in use by another appliaction". Also the other way around, if MCC is opened first then I can't use the KS37 with the DAW with error message something like "insufficient memory".

I would like to be able to program the sequences in the MCC using the piano roll editor and hear the results while I'm programming it (e.g hear the synth patch when I program the notes / click on the piano keys). I feel this could give more accurate control for things such as note lengths, rests, ties, and experimentation with general note placement / order.

If I can't connect simultaneously to DAW and MCC, I assume this means that MCC can only be used to draw the pattern but if I want to hear the results, I have to sync, close MCC, load the DAW, load the instrument & patch, and then see what results I got and if I like them (and then back the other way to edit if not) ?

Am I overlooking something? what's the point in being able to program sequences in MCC if you can't hear them?

Thank You

AeonHorus

• Apprentice
Re: Editing sequences in MCC - It it possible to hear the sequence ?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 05:43:08 am »
I have to sync, close MCC, load the DAW, load the instrument & patch, and then see what results I got and if I like them (and then back the other way to edit if not) ?

You can draw your sequence but cant listen to it.
I too have noticed this ballache.
We can't copy and paste neither nor drag in a midi file ....

Why ?

It is a MIDI controller so why can't it use MIDI Files ?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines