March 28, 2024, 09:33:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab V canīt open V Collection 9 rebuilt instruments (VC8 owner)  (Read 1098 times)

murry61

• Apprentice
    • my soundcloud
I own V Collection 8, which includes CS-80 V3, Prophet V3 and Piano V2.

My setup:
Windows 10, Live 11
V Collection 8:
  Analog Lab V (version 5.5.0.2592)
  CS-80 V3 ( 3.10.1.1843)
  Piano V2 (2.9.1.1843)
  Prophet V3 (2.9.1.1843)

Using Analog Lab V if I try to open for example Piano, I receive this message: "You need to own the full version of Piano V3 to have access to all the parameters inside Analog Lab.".

But it is weird, since I own Piano V2. (Same problem with Prophet and some of CS-80 presets). To make the things even worse, their corresponding presets are also gone in Analog Lab V.

On the other side, it happens that there is no problem with my instruments and preset libraries, since I can open CS-80 V3, Prophet V3 and Piano V2 outside Analog Lab V, in all these modes: just the instrument as a windows app, as VST inside my DAW and even inside in Analog Lab 4.

So the problem seems to be that if you are an owner of V Collection 8 (as me), Analog Lab V last update (version 5.5.0.2592) has a problem to open your V Collection 8 versions of the rebuilt instruments from V Collection 9: CS-80, Prophet 5 & VS, Piano, For some reason the CS-80 V3, Prophet V3 and Piano V2 and its presets are gone on Analog Lab V.

Does anybody have the same problem?

Thanks! for any help offered.

LBH

Hi,

It's not an issue. The rebuildt versions has a upgrade price. The old applications are now legacy products, but they are installed alongside the new upgrades.

As you own Piano V2 but not V3, then you can't open Piano V3 inside Analog Lab, even if you actually have got some Piano V3 presets you can play in Analog Lab.
You can get access to your Piano V2 presets in Analog Lab by being sure the "Include Legacy Sounds" in the Analog Labs main menu is selected/ enabled. When you use Piano V2 presets, then you still can open Piano V2 inside Analog Lab.

It's the same with CS-80 V3 and CS-80 V4, as you don't own the V4 version.
And it's also the same with Prophet V3, as you don't own Prophet 5 and Prophet VS.

So you can do the same as before. And then you also can play some new presets from the new applications, but not open the applications as you don't own them. You can open your old applications when you use your old versions presets.

murry61

• Apprentice
    • my soundcloud
Wonderful!

I select the  "Include Legacy Sounds" option and it fixed the problem. !!
 I was not aware of this option.

LBH, Thanks a lot for your fast and precise response and solution

All the best.

LBH

Your welcome.

Cheers

Blebleble

Re: Analog Lab V canīt open V Collection 9 rebuilt instruments (VC8 owner)
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 02:08:49 am »
Hi, I had the exact same problem. Did what LBH said and it worked for the PianoV2 and CS80V3. For those 2 plugins I could access to the keyboard parameter view. However It didn't work for the Prophets. Despite marked "Include Legacy sounds" i can't find a single preset in prophet 5 nor VS where I can access to my old versions keyboard parameter views. Anyone knows a solution for this?

[EDIT] Well, I kind of solved it opening prophet V3 directly from the ableton browser. Still curious if it can be solved from the analog lab V main program.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 02:16:14 am by Blebleble »

LBH

Re: Analog Lab V canīt open V Collection 9 rebuilt instruments (VC8 owner)
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 03:23:04 pm »
Hi, I had the exact same problem. Did what LBH said and it worked for the PianoV2 and CS80V3. For those 2 plugins I could access to the keyboard parameter view. However It didn't work for the Prophets. Despite marked "Include Legacy sounds" i can't find a single preset in prophet 5 nor VS where I can access to my old versions keyboard parameter views. Anyone knows a solution for this?

[EDIT] Well, I kind of solved it opening prophet V3 directly from the ableton browser. Still curious if it can be solved from the analog lab V main program.
Hi,

Prophet V3 presets can't be used in the new Prophet 5 and Prophet VS. Old Prophet V3 presets open in Prophet V3, if you own that and have it installed. Does'nt that work for you?

Unfortunately you can't select Prophet V3 as instrument in Analog Lab. You can sort by instruments.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines