March 29, 2024, 07:48:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Clock Issue  (Read 1007 times)

avoca

• Apprentice
Clock Issue
« on: July 11, 2022, 10:59:23 am »
Hi,

When syncing the DFAM via Clock Out on the KeyStep to Adv/Clock In on the DFAM, I noticed that the DFAM advances an extra step after I press Stop on the KeyStep.

So, I connected the Clock Out from the KeyStep to my mixer and listened to the signal.
It emits an extra "click" (or beat) after I press Stop.

I've attached a short video to illustrate the issue.
(this is with sync set at 2PPQ. It happens at other settings also.)

Is this a normal occurrence, or is it a fault?
(My MicroFreak doesn't exhibit this issue.)

Thanks for any help!

noise_vector

• Apprentice
Re: Clock Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 04:15:31 pm »
The DFAM not having a reset is the real issue here I think. There are modules to be able to reset the DFAM like the Sonoclast RFD.

avoca

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 04:35:09 pm »
The DFAM not having a reset is the real issue here I think. There are modules to be able to reset the DFAM like the Sonoclast RFD.

Hi, thanks for replying  :)

Yeah, I'm used to having to get the DFAM ready by advancing to the step before the one where you want to start playback. Then "arming" it by pressing "Run/Stop".

I've attached another video to this post where I'm syncing the MicroFreak to the KeyStep via Clock Out.
After I press Stop, another extra beat plays. Hopefully it can be heard on the poor quality video...

Do you get the extra "beat" on the direct Clock Out signal after pressing Stop?

Thanks!

avoca

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2022, 04:37:58 pm »
Oops, I forgot the attachment. It's added to this post :)

Orukusaki

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2023, 01:33:48 pm »
I have the same issue, I checked it with an oscilloscope, and the sync signal goes 'high' and stays there a few seconds after I press stop.
Except if it happened to already be high as I pressed stop, in which case it doesn't change.
The worst part for me is that it means the first tick is missed when I press play.
As a workaround I've been using one of the drum gates as a sync signal, with all 16 slots active on every pattern

avoca

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2023, 07:18:03 am »
I have the same issue, I checked it with an oscilloscope, and the sync signal goes 'high' and stays there a few seconds after I press stop.
Except if it happened to already be high as I pressed stop, in which case it doesn't change.
The worst part for me is that it means the first tick is missed when I press play.
As a workaround I've been using one of the drum gates as a sync signal, with all 16 slots active on every pattern
That's a great idea, thanks  :).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines