March 28, 2024, 10:22:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V Collection 7 - M1?  (Read 989 times)

spherop

• Apprentice
V Collection 7 - M1?
« on: July 10, 2022, 11:49:58 pm »
I have V Collection 7 and just installed on my new M1 MBP. I cannot find any info on whether the versions are M1 optimized yet or not?

Or do I have to update to 8 or 9?

And if so - I know this is odd - but why can't I update through my account on the site or the ASC software? Or am I missing something. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: V Collection 7 - M1?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 10:05:28 am »
Hopefully this article answers your questions:

https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/4414972951570-Compatibility-with-M1-processors

Found courtesy of Professor Google.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

spherop

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2022, 07:03:01 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

Yea I found that article as well - I should have mentioned in original post.

It, however, makes no mention of compatibility for version 7 - and I suppose one can infer then that we're having to spend $ to upgrade to 8.2. Often companies apply patches to earlier (major) versions to sustain support if hardware changes underneath them so I was hoping to see at least some mention of other versions outside of just stating 8.2 supports now.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2022, 11:14:18 am »
No it doesn't work like that. The differences between V7 and V8 were extra instruments. The upgrades to individual instruments to make them M1 compatible were across the board irrespective of what V Collection you bought the same instrument in.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

spherop

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2022, 05:21:48 pm »
No it doesn't work like that. The differences between V7 and V8 were extra instruments. The upgrades to individual instruments to make them M1 compatible were across the board irrespective of what V Collection you bought the same instrument in.

Ahh this is what I was hoping to hear! But where is this info published? Apologies if I am missing something obvious but I have not been able to find. And that article linked in the thread only speaks of 8.2 which is why I am confused. If anyone can share a link to where it's clearly laid out that'd be awesome.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2022, 10:02:31 am »
I'm not sure it's actually published anywhere, it's more to do with the fact that if you go to the actual downloads page where you can download each instrument individually, you can easily see they don't have separate downloads for people who bought V8, V7, V6 or whatever. The instruments are the instruments: doesn't matter what V Collection you bought them in. Naturally if you download an instrument that didn't come with VC7, you'll only get it in demo form (such as the latest CS80V, now upto version 4, or Piano V3), but you can download the latest 'dot' versions of anything you originally purchased with your VC7 licence, as well as the latest Analog Lab.

Unlike the stories which surfaced in 2018-19 about that famous software developer with a five letter name known for making image-editing software, who allegedly revoked the CS6 licences of stubborn customers who had so far refused to upgrade to the company's 'rent-an-app' business model, Arturia never proactively-obsolete your purchases.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines