March 28, 2024, 11:31:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Changing install location (Resources, VST32 & VST64)  (Read 1103 times)

Bomboletto

Changing install location (Resources, VST32 & VST64)
« on: July 05, 2022, 04:59:39 pm »
Hi All!

Is there anyway for me to change the location (to another drive) of my V Collection synths without decreasing activation limit?

I saw this article https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405741448850-Customize-your-resource-folder-location but can I do the same for VST32 and VST64 folders (I see "Browse" button next to these as well...)?

I have a new SSD drive and wanted to change the install as I hope it will speed up loading times of instruments in Cubase (currently these are installed on a HDD drive and load for a long time each time).

Thank you in advance!

LBH

Re: Changing install location (Resources, VST32 & VST64)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 07:56:17 pm »
Hi,

I'm not sure if you can just put the VSTs in another folder, and then change the path for them in ASCs Preferences. Perhaps it works. You will know when you get updates. Just check the updates is installed the new place then.
You can uninstall the applications And then set a new path for a new install.
FYI - You can't change path for VST3 plugins - only VST2. So be sure you don't use VST3, if you wan't a new location.
Remember to direct your DAW to the new location.

You don't mention the connection you will use for your SSD. Keep in mind that a SSD is'nt faster than the connection you use. It's not allways a joy to use external disks.

Bomboletto

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 06:56:33 pm »
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, I am using a new internal SSD. If I uninstall and install again do I loose one activation?

Thank you in advance

LBH

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2022, 07:46:26 pm »
Your welcome.

Before you uninstall, then deactivate your product on the computer.
Then install your product again and activate it again.
You don't loose an activation. Activations is regained, when you deactivate a computer.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 09:30:28 am »
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, I am using a new internal SSD. If I uninstall and install again do I loose one activation?

Thank you in advance
In addition to the correct advice already give to you by LBH, remember you can manage all your licence activations, including determining which computers are licenced, from your profile on the main Arturia website.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines