March 29, 2024, 02:03:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problem with pads on Keylab mkII 61  (Read 1095 times)

Mortal

• Apprentice
Problem with pads on Keylab mkII 61
« on: July 14, 2022, 10:08:37 am »
Hello guys, the problem is the following. The pads work very strangely. I assign them in the MIDI Control Center to C2, the keyboard itself shows Pad:13 Ch10 Note C2, but when I use it, it immediately sounds/triggers at C3. I tried to assign to C3, it became C4, respectively. Idk what need to do for fix it, i'm hope u help me. Sry for Google translate :D Sry if this forum not for this questions
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 05:53:04 am by Mortal »

sharpnine

• Apprentice
Re: Problem with pads
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 10:06:42 pm »
I think the problem is that note/octave mappings vary by manufacturer.
Middle C (midi note 60) can be called C3 or C4 depending on whose software/hardware you are using.
Arturia calls middle C as "C3". Perhaps you were expecting it would be "C4".
Also make sure you are not +/- an octave, by pressing octave+ and octave- keys at the same time to reset.

Mortal

• Apprentice
Re: Problem with pads
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2022, 05:52:37 am »
I think the problem is that note/octave mappings vary by manufacturer.
Middle C (midi note 60) can be called C3 or C4 depending on whose software/hardware you are using.
Arturia calls middle C as "C3". Perhaps you were expecting it would be "C4".
Also make sure you are not +/- an octave, by pressing octave+ and octave- keys at the same time to reset.

I tried resetting the octaves, all this did not help. I think either this is a bug that incorrectly shows the display (I read something like this somewhere). I tried to flash different versions, 1.3.1 and 1.3.0, nothing has changed. As for your advice, it's a little strange considering there's some kind of standard that everyone follows.
On the keyboard screen and in the settings, I see one note, I press it and the same note plays, but an octave higher.

sharpnine

• Apprentice
Re: Problem with pads on Keylab mkII 61
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2022, 08:25:59 pm »
I agree you may be correct that there is a bug in the display.

This is a chart that refers to the various "standards" for midi note designation:
http://www.theoreticallycorrect.com/Helmholtz-Pitch-Numbering/

sharpnine

• Apprentice
Re: Problem with pads on Keylab mkII 61
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2022, 08:51:00 pm »
I tried setting a pad note value on my Keylab 88 mkii and it worked correctly. I think the interface is a little clumsy, though.
In Midi Control Center you have to (a) select your keyboard (b) select your template i.e. "User 10", (c) select the pad to change, (d) change the note as desired i.e. C3, (e) save the template, (f) Sync the template to your keyboard ("Sync to").
Then on the keyboard select "User" mode and your saved controller mapping i.e. "User 10". I then find that when I press the pad, the keyboard shows the note I selected for it, and plays that correct note.
Sorry if this is all stuff you know--I'm just figuring it out myself actually.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines