April 17, 2024, 01:28:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab V has Latency in App but not in VST  (Read 901 times)

mkochsch

• Apprentice
Analog Lab V has Latency in App but not in VST
« on: July 07, 2022, 04:40:14 pm »
I'm a new user. I notice when I run the Analog Lab V as a program and launch instruments and/or presets via my KeyLab 61 Essential keyboard there's an annoying bit of latency, 75-150ms is what it feels like. Enough to make playing a little weird. However, when I drop Analog Lab V as a VST into Reaper there is only the background buffer latency (~10ms) which is imperceptable. Works fine in other words. I'm run all latest updates of the software. Windows 10 is all patched. 16GB memory, on a fast i7 chip. My interface is a 2nd gen Scarlett 18i20. Running on the latest Reaper. Anyone experience this or similar? Thoughts?
~m

LBH

Re: Analog Lab V has Latency in App but not in VST
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 05:45:06 pm »
Hi,

Please post a screenshot of your Audio and midi settings in Analog Lab standalone application.

Be sure you have set the correct buffer and samplerate and use your scarletts ASIO driver. I assume you also have done this in your DAW Reaper.

mkochsch

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 07:52:11 pm »
Hello and thank you. Yes I thought about it some more and realized that my choice of audio driver settings in my DAW are exclusive to the DAW (whether Reaper, Ableton, Garage Band, FL, et al). The audio and midi settings for the Analog Lab V standalone program appliation are exclusive to that program and therefore each must/can be set to different settings. I went into my Analog Lab V application's "Audio Midi Settings" and sure enough they were set to Windows Audio, probably the default. As soon as I changed these settings to the installed ASIO driver for my Focusrite Scarlett, and set my buffer size accordingly the problem immediately went away.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 09:58:39 am »
I too was going to say check your drivers.
Audio latency in Windows has been an issue since the dawn of time and you always need some kind of ASIO driver to get round it. In 2011 it was the #1 main reason I made the switch to Macs. Another 11 years later and still here we are: Windows users complaining about latency.
Glad you fixed it though.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

LBH

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2022, 03:29:10 pm »
Your welcome mkochsch.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines