March 28, 2024, 10:29:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 61 Essential - Transport Functions and Faders not working in Pro Tools  (Read 645 times)

richrich

Hey Guys and Gals,

I just bought a new Arturia Keylab 61 Essential and canīt quite get it to work properly. My main DAW is Pro Tools, and i wanted to use it mainly for playing VST Instruments, controlling the Transport functions in pro Tools, and to automate the volume and pan knobs of my channels via HUI.

unfortuneately none of this is really working at the moment.
First up, I installed all the Software, as mentioned in the manual and i can see the Device in the Midi Control Center. I changed the DAW Mode to HUI, so it would work with Pro Tools.
I checked that Machine Control was enabled, and set the Midi Controller Device to "Arturia Keylab Essential 61 emulated" in the in and output.
Unfortunately nothing happens when i do that. I canīt play any midi notes, nor can i use the transport functions or the Faders.

When i switch the Midi Controller device to "M-Audio Keyboard" or "Komplete Kontrol" the Keys start to work, and i can play and record Midi notes, but the Transport functions and the Faders/ Pan Knobs still donīt work.
After trying for a few hours, i just donīt know how to figure it out on my own.
Itīs good tht i can play some chords at last, but i really wanted to control some of my DAW functions in Pro Tools with this (especially writing automations with the faders), so if anybody could help me, i would be so thankful.

Have a nice day :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines