March 28, 2024, 05:59:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Multiple Waveforms at the same time  (Read 1607 times)

StudioDeutz

Multiple Waveforms at the same time
« on: June 29, 2022, 09:30:03 am »
I need help as I have gone through the handbook and try to find it somewhere else.
When generated a random patch, I can see that some of those are allocating multiple waveforms at the same time - some bright lit LEDs some dimmed...
Is this just a visual error or are there some crosswaves used.
And if "crosswaves" is yes - how can I deliberately select multiple waveforms at the same time.....

Sytse

• Apprentice
Re: Multiple Waveforms at the same time
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 10:26:44 am »
I’m assuming you’re referring to wave forms of the LFOs. You can only blend these by using the morph function. You can get complex blends by repeating the process. For example, use a triangle wave on A and a square wave on B. Then put the morph knob in the middle and use the Set current to A command from the morph menu. Then set the morph knob to B and select a different wave form. Blend the LFO waves again by setting the morph knob somewhere is n between. Rinse and repeat...

StudioDeutz

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 05:18:32 pm »
You are absolutely correct. But this is more - far more. I have one right now in front of me - generated one: blending from A to B shows up to 4 different waveforms selected and slowly dimming and dispearing to 3.

Very odd, this looks like ;-)

This must be one hell-of-a-wave... a visualization would be nice, dear Arturia team ;-)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 05:20:33 pm by StudioDeutz »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 12:50:18 pm »
This is normal behaviour. The LFOs can morph through waveforms. To do this explicitly, select Morph mode on the matrix, select Edit A and set a waveform, select Edit B and set another waveform. Now you can morph through those waveforms.

When a random patch is generated, the synth actually picks A and B sounds from other patches, then morphs and repeats the process. This results in both LFO waves (and other settings) and filter assignments that are morphed part way between the discrete values shown on the panel and the LEDs reflect this.

StudioDeutz

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022, 12:54:27 pm »
This is normal behaviour. The LFOs can morph through waveforms. To do this explicitly, select Morph mode on the matrix, select Edit A and set a waveform, select Edit B and set another waveform. Now you can morph through those waveforms.

When a random patch is generated, the synth actually picks A and B sounds from other patches, then morphs and repeats the process. This results in both LFO waves (and other settings) and filter assignments that are morphed part way between the discrete values shown on the panel and the LEDs reflect this.

I understand this.
Would be nice to do a mix on purpose, as can be seen. Have a sinus and a square plus a sawtooth mixing at the same time - like selecting sinus, hold a type of shift button, add square and saw - turn the amount knob to set a mixing (...or whatever...).

EDIT : would sound a little like the metalizer but could also be different if run in sync....

EDIT: this is for one voice only e.g. A - B could have a different set of wave types
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 12:59:30 pm by StudioDeutz »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2022, 01:05:17 pm »
You can do a mix on purpose, but since it's part of the whole morph the rest of the patch will be affected if you're far into designing a sound with different A and B parts. The trick is to do Edit A and Edit B, morph as desired and then use Current to A or Current to B to capture in between states. Repeat this and you can end up with the strangest mixes.

Sytse

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2022, 03:24:26 pm »
This gets complex very quickly and also, it’s hard to predict what the LFO would do. If you want to create a specific complex waveform, I feel like you would be better off using the motion record function.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2022, 04:01:09 pm »
Yes, this is synthesis in the murkiest depths of an already deep synth :D

If one were to go for a specific "multi-morphed complex LFO", it would probably be best to plan ahead and get that set up early in the patch creation to avoid morphing away other aspects of the patch. So yeah, the motion recorder may be your friend for some of that, but it's not available in the mod matrix.

StudioDeutz

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2022, 04:12:59 pm »
Yes, we - Motion Recorder and me - are becoming friends. A lot of complex operations, usually done with LFOs and Envelopes, can be somewhat shortcut - a lot of fun.
Lovely machine, the PolyBrute is - I see millions of options right in front of me... need to learn now how to get possible things in order.... ;D ;D ;D

Sytse

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2022, 12:43:12 am »
Yes, this is synthesis in the murkiest depths of an already deep synth :D

If one were to go for a specific "multi-morphed complex LFO", it would probably be best to plan ahead and get that set up early in the patch creation to avoid morphing away other aspects of the patch. So yeah, the motion recorder may be your friend for some of that, but it's not available in the mod matrix.

It is available in the mod matrix when you motion record Morphee. It even records all three axes x,y,z!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2022, 10:38:29 am »
Ahh yes - brainfart, sorry!  :-[

The Wheel and the Ribbon can also be recorded, so yes it is indeed (indirectly) available in the matrix through the controllers :)

Alan Dicker

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2022, 05:46:34 pm »
You can get multiple LFO waveforms selected using the edit AB function.
1: Make an A patch with your first waveform selected.
2: hit the (Morph) button and select option 2(EDIT B)
3: select a different waveform.
4: Hit the (Morph) button again and turn the morph knob to 50%.  You should see both waveforms illuminated.
5: Now select option 7 (Current to A.)

.You could keep going if you want more.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 05:54:25 pm by Alan Dicker »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines