March 29, 2024, 07:38:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: v collection windows 11 issue?  (Read 1706 times)

the_doc735

• Apprentice
v collection windows 11 issue?
« on: June 27, 2022, 09:11:25 am »
CMI V v1.10.0
Emulator II V v1.3.0
Prophet-VS V v1.0.0
Synclavier V v2.10.0
Vocoder V v1.3.0

these instruments can't find their samples and when directed to them, they are not remembered or saved?
two of them also have xml issues with the start up and won't even load properly?

this worked on windows 10, but doesn't want to know on windows 11?

most grateful for any help offered!

LBH

Re: v collection windows 11 issue?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 05:50:53 pm »
Hi,

According to this: https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407871884818-Compatibility-with-Windows-11 - then the products is Windows 11 compatible.

Are you talking about factory samples?
Are your samples installed and located on the path you have set in ASC preferences?

when directed to them, they are not remembered or saved?
What excactly do you mean by this?

Have you installed the products before or after changing to Windows 11? I presume you have installed and not just copied the products to thier current locations.

the_doc735

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 02:50:57 pm »
yes factory!
the samples are on the path I set, yes!
ASC prefs??
Windows 11 was a new install on a new drive.
Yes the arturia was installed from an installer, NOT copied and pasted.
What is the (full) default sample path please?

what I mean is: when I manually locate the .wav files the preset is then playable, BUT when I change presets or reboot the app. the location isn't remembered and I have to locate the .wav files all over again? and there's hundreds of them!

Two of the apps. won't even boot up! It simply freezes on the screen with some sort of 'XML' warning message? GUI loading issue.

many thanks!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 03:18:14 pm by the_doc735 »

LBH

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 04:24:07 pm »
You say you have set the location for your ressource folder, so the path is what you have set.
Where have you set that path, if you don't know about ASC preferences? The ASC Preferences can be found in the top right menu in ASC, where it say Welcome "your name". It's under the Locations tab.
Are you sure you have set the same main path for all your applications?

To me it sound like your ressourses somehow are located in a wrong place.
You can allways try to reinstall your applications. That can repair install issues, but be sure you don't have multiple installs and duplicate ressource files on your computer, as that also can cause issues.

Here is some info about ressource folder:
https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405741448850-Customize-your-resource-folder-location

Contact Arturia support, if everything is installed correct, and as it should be.

the_doc735

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 04:53:38 pm »
I have followed the paths I personally set and the files are located where I set them but those instrument cannot find them and when I point to them manually they are not 'set'/remembered by the programs/instruments. They are all set to  a C: 'location' not alternative drive. I have installed and uninstalled several times but that makes no difference at all.
There is a main app/program folder.
There is a plugin folder.
There is a samples folder. All on C: which I am allowed to specify! There will be other folders that I cannot specify during the installation process, as they will be automatically generated by the installer program itself.

C:\Program Files\Arturia
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Arturia
C:\ProgramData\Samples

cheers!

Unexpected error on gui loading:
XML error on parse file C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Emulator ll V\resources\Emulator ll V_gui.xml : SampleBrowser : sample root folder not defined.(C:\jenkins\root\workspace\VC\release\\emu\jucearturialib\src\SampleBrowser/SampleBrowser.cpp:70)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 06:28:40 pm by the_doc735 »

LBH

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 12:32:59 am »
C:\ProgramData\Samples
Are you sure about this excact path?

If this is the path to your Resource folder, then i can't rule out, that can be your issue, because you use the name Sample for your Resource folder.

The Resource folder among others also contain a Sample folder in a speciel setup. If you have the name Sample first on that path, then that perhaps can cause a misreading.
The default Resource folder path on Windows is C\ ProgramData\ Arturia

when I point to them manually they are not 'set'/remembered by the programs/instruments.
You can't set a permanent path through the error message that tell a preset have missing samples like you seem to think you can. Did you read the info in the link i posted?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 12:35:38 am by LBH »

the_doc735

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2022, 03:46:21 am »
I changed the path to: C\ ProgramData\ Arturia as the common/default destination folder.
I uninstalled everything inc. the reg.
Rebooted and installed to : C\ ProgramData\ Arturi, and rebooted the PC with internet connection activated.
This appears to have worked at first glance and tertiary inspection so far!

Thank you for solving this mystery - LOL!

"BUT!" ~ it means I can't specify my own path on any drive? Odd or what?

Cheers! for your many reply's and help and sticking with it - with patience!

Please continue to do the same for others in the future, and not simply write them off after just a single reply - lol! I'm a bit thick you see?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2022, 08:50:50 am »
Glad you sorted it.
Seen a few of these issues, a common theme is developing where the problems are mostly caused by users trying to install the software in a directory other than where Arturia choose as default. Be it a bug or by design it's probably just best to install V Collection where Arturia expects to find it. It's not as though hard drive space is expensive these days so you have to use an external drive (unless you're a Mac user like me in which case SSD space is about the same price as a kidney)
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

LBH

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2022, 05:35:21 pm »
Glad i could help the_doc735.
Your welcome.

"BUT!" ~ it means I can't specify my own path on any drive? Odd or what?
You can specify your own folder. You can also move the Resource folder, if you do it as explained in the FAQ link i posted.

If the problem indeed was a name issue like it can look like, then just don't use Resource folder names like Samples or Presets, as you then get a path like Samples\ Samples that may have caused the issue. The samples perhaps then was exspected to be in the first Samples folder. I can't tell for sure, as i don't know how Arturias code look for Samples.
You can in example use the name Arturia (why not?), then you can put it on any drive or path you wish without risking name issues. In your case i see no reason why you have changed the name, as you had installed everything on the path C\ ProgramData anyway.
But you could in example have used the path C\ Users\ User name\ Documents\ Arturia - if you for some reason wish to and it's not about saving space on your C drive.

But actually i can't tell for sure, if the issue was the name or anothr install issue that now has been corrected.
No matter what, then i think it is misleading to name the Resource folder Samples, as the Resource folder contain much other files than samples.

the_doc735

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2022, 08:16:24 pm »
thank you LBH & Fubar!
 ;D ;D ;D

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2022, 08:33:47 pm »
You're welcome, and please now don't be a stranger just because your problem is solved, stay a while and let's hear some of your work. This forum should be about celebrating our community not just fixing problems :-)
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

the_doc735

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2022, 04:18:29 am »
Oh! ~ thanx! I don't actually have any music at the moment - sorry!
40 years ago when I  was young playing guitar and forming a band with experimental music, I GOT RIPPED OFF! (no copyright - what a big mistake that was); two years later - guess what?  = my music on someone else's album for sale at HMV stores in the UK!

Music biz was full of arseholes then, that ripped you off and maybe still is now?

take care.

the_doc735

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2022, 04:22:04 am »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

sad tale!

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2022, 11:23:53 am »
Back then the best way in the UK to prove a piece of work was yours was to tape it to a cassette and post it to yourself in a sealed envelope, which of course would be officially date-stamped by the post office.
These days it's way easier because if you have a channel on SoundCloud or YouTube (etc) it's easy to show you uploaded something first.

Don't that bad experience put you off still being creative.

the_doc735

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2022, 12:16:57 am »
CHEERS!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines