April 25, 2024, 04:24:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Help with Midi Out Polyphony  (Read 1225 times)

MARVK

Help with Midi Out Polyphony
« on: May 26, 2022, 05:51:48 pm »
Is there a way to use the the pads and midi out to send a polyphonic signal to a module?

I want the melodic sequencers to go out via their cv/gate/vel ports and the drum sequencer to go out via its gate ports, but NOT out via midi, then use the pads to send note/gate/vel data to a midi module.

I can send monphonic midi signals with the pads, but no polyphony, meaning if I hit more than one pad, only one note will play via midi.

If there's not a way to do that, cool, I can use another controller for that, but it would really simplify my portable system if I could do it via the BSP.

Also, if that's not currently possible, that's my "feature update" request.

MARVK

Re: Help with Midi Out Polyphony
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2022, 03:21:23 pm »
Okay. After wondering why nobody replied I watched a TON of vids on the subject and did some trouble shooting. I figured it out.

HELPFUL TIP: If you're trying to run midi out from the Beatstep Pro into a Threshold eurorack module (MI Edges clone), EVEN THOUGH the Threshold SAYS it can handle either type of TRS midi, IT CANNOT, at least not from a Beatstep Pro. You have to use the Beatstep Pro's TRS midi-to-5-pin adapter into a 5-pin midi cable, into another 5-pin-midi-to TRS midi adapter at the other end. THAT enabled the midi-out-polyphony I was looking for. Connecting them with a simple 3.5mm TRS cable would only output monophonically - it would only allow one-note-at-a-time.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines