April 25, 2024, 05:27:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: impact knob transient sound on kick 1  (Read 2812 times)

Trevor42

• Apprentice
impact knob transient sound on kick 1
« on: October 28, 2016, 01:38:44 pm »
hi there,

Has anyone noticed that the click-pop or transient sound on kick 1 using the impact knob sounds a bit weird. It seems a little latent, like a flam. Was this just on the prototype machine?

Kind Regards
trevor
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 01:41:40 pm by Trevor42 »
Juno 6, Poly 61, Casio CZ-1, Moog MF-105M, Digtech Talker, Microfreak, Ipad (AUM), Pianotech, Modular and Ableton.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: impact knob transient sound on kick 1
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 05:27:27 pm »
Hi trevor, I think i answered this on my youtube page. But i did ask arturia about this and will  be on the final production model, its a combination of  the impact sound which sounds like a tom with attack and the kick at certain frequencies mixing together its only noticeable when the impact is full which to me i don't do anyway. but if you use it with kick 2 you get a great low kick with attack.

Regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

stanleycole

Re: impact knob transient sound on kick 1
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 10:08:09 am »
The most effective way to approach compression is to decide what effect you want the compression to accomplish, then adjust the compression settings accordingly. It’s also important to remember that compression isn’t just some monolithic effect that “squashes things.” For example, with kick and snare, compression can act just like a transient/decay shaper due to a drum’s rapid decay...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines