March 28, 2024, 08:39:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab MKII and Reaper MIDI Controller settings  (Read 1004 times)

kenwin67

• Apprentice
Keylab MKII and Reaper MIDI Controller settings
« on: June 12, 2022, 11:22:39 am »
Wow, been wasting hours and hours of trouble shooting why my Keylab MKII 61 & 88 controllers doesn't work in Reaper, using buttons/sliders.

Some say you should enable both "Keylab MK II xx" and "MIDIIN2 (Keylab MK II xx)" and others say you should NOT use "MIDIIN2 (Keylab MK II xx)" etc. and control enabling has the same confusion.

Same applies for settings under "Control/OSC/web" with different recommendations and even homemade solutions.

Arturias Keylab MKII support page has outdated recommendations (some even removed).

To my understanding, the complexity might be related to different hardware and OS's (?).

Anyway, here's my contribution for a guideline and please note this applies for the following system configurations:

DAW: Reaper
Midi controllers: Keylab MKII 61 & 88
Soundcards: Zoom F6/Nvidia RTX 3060/Realtek

Here we go:

In Reaper, go into "MIDI Device" (Reaper Preferences, Ctrl-P)

Enable BOTH "Keylab MK II xx" (Enabled+Control) AND "MIDIIN2 (Keylab MK II xx)" (Enabled+Control), under Midi inputs.

Enable BOTH "Keylab MK II xx" (Enabled) AND "MIDIOUT2 (Keylab MK II xx)" (Enabled) under Midi Outputs

Select "Control/OSC/web" and add "Mackie Control Universal", select "MIDIIN2 (Keylab MK II xx)" for MIDI input and "MIDIOUT2 (Keylab MK II xx)" for MIDI output and secure all tick boxes are de-selected.

In my rig(s), everything works smoothly, as of 12th of June 2022  ;)

RoryDM84

Re: Keylab MKII and Reaper MIDI Controller settings
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 06:32:35 am »
man. i am not getting the same results. i could use more help. shoulda just remapped every button. i'd be done by now. had the same issues with nektar panorama. that's why i switched to arturia. in my midi preferences i have keylab midi and keylab DAW. which one do i use for osc? idk

klauspiano

Re: Keylab MKII and Reaper MIDI Controller settings
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 12:57:40 am »
can u explain me this part with pictures?

"Select "Control/OSC/web" and add "Mackie Control Universal", select "MIDIIN2 (Keylab MK II xx)" for MIDI input and "MIDIOUT2 (Keylab MK II xx)" for MIDI output and secure all tick boxes are de-selected."

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines