April 19, 2024, 08:46:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Help with recording midi from Ableton to BSP  (Read 1187 times)

roygbiv2022

Help with recording midi from Ableton to BSP
« on: June 05, 2022, 10:32:01 pm »
Hi all,

I have researched extensively and read the pertinent sections of the manual and am still having a recording issue.

I would like to enter a midi sequence into Ableton, send it to the BSP and record the pattern in the BSP. I have the BSP set as a usb slave and have set ableton to send midi to the BSP. I am using Sequencer 1 on the BSP.

I have reached a point where when I press play in Ableton, the BSP step sequencer starts to run through the 16 steps. When I press stop in Ableton, it also stops the BSP. Additionally, the BPM level I have ableton set to is synced to the BSP.

From other discussions on this topic, it seems all that would be needed now is to press the record button on the BSP and then press play on ableton and the midi notes should start to populate in the BSP. However, when I press the record button on the BSP and then press play on ableton, the midi notes from the ableton pattern do not record into the BSP.

I'm hitting a dead end with this. Does anyone have any suggestions? any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines