April 19, 2024, 07:55:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New firmware update  (Read 1122 times)

ffernandez

• Apprentice
New firmware update
« on: May 27, 2022, 03:39:30 pm »
So it's been 10 months since last update...so please send us a firmware update with what you've got so far. There are still many important bugs to be fixed. New features could wait, I just want to use my arpeggiators properly  :'(

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Re: New firmware update
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 04:51:33 pm »
I hate to be a Negative Nilly (well ... no ... no, I don't really) but ........
I have a sinking feeling they've abandoned this product. They push the KeyStep 37 more than this. They've virtually buried the KSP as far as sales push and advertisements go.  :'(
Also, no one official ever seems to reply to this forum. At least not that I've seen in the last 18 months or so.
This space left intentionally blank.

ffernandez

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 04:32:28 pm »
Last update was about a year ago, so it does feel like an abandoned product. This is very unfortunate since this is a unique product, that will be truly awesome if it didn't have so many serious bugs. Since every bug is fixable (I'm a software developer, so I do that for a living), this shows that Arturia is just not giving this product the attention it needs. You cannot play live with it.

Maybe it's time to sell it a go for something else.

badseed79

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 03:04:38 am »
I'm also strongly considering selling my KSP. It' s never quite fully 'stable', particularly when acting as timekeeper for both a DAW and modular gear.

But my major problem is that we still cannot edit sequences in the Midi editor. Simply staggering that their non-pro keysteps can do this, but we can't. I'm rarely in the mood to manually recreate sequences from my older material for performance, and I'd really love to be able to properly / visually edit the sequences of newer stuff I've composed on the KSP itself. This acts as a barrier to fully using the KSP.

Oh, and give me more than 64 steps in my sequencer please. 128 would be such an improvement, and again would remove some of the instability introduced by chaining sequences together.

The unit is so promising, but some key design flaws and the inherent instability makes it very frustrating to use (at least in my use case).

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2022, 11:57:31 pm »
If they release a KSP 2 I am going to be REALLY pissed.
This space left intentionally blank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines