March 28, 2024, 03:19:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Machine Permanently Frozen After Using MIDI Connection  (Read 1877 times)

jkv_f

• Apprentice
Machine Permanently Frozen After Using MIDI Connection
« on: December 17, 2021, 07:21:39 am »
Hello all

I'm having a really frustrating situation here. I recently connected my new DrumBrute Impact to an Octatrack, after which the machine has been completely un-usable. The problem seems to be that the machine is somehow 'stuck' or 'frozen', with several functions now 'stuck'.

- Several buttons are non-responsive, they are constantly 'on' and cannot be turned off. For example the distortion is on, it cannot be turned off. The 'Color'-button is constantly on. I cannot even "play" the pads now, they just get lit, on/off, but no sound can be triggered. The Kick-pad keeps blinking.

- The Play-button is non-responsive. When I turn on the machine, it immediately starts to play a pattern on its own. I press stop, the pattern stops. I press play on the machine, nothing happens. The machine is responsive to MIDI still. When I connect it to my Octatrack and press play on it, the DBI starts playing. But of course, I cannot do anything else, since the buttons and pads are out of use.

Can it be that there's some kind of MIDI system error clogging up the whole machine? This all occurred after I connected the machine to an Octatrack via MIDI. The DrumBrute Impact was a set as a slave. There was no MIDI-loop, it was all a one-way operation. I merely pressed play on the OT. The pattern began playing, after which the whole machine was a mess.

I tried to 'reset' the machine. It removed the patterns etc. but the problem itself persists. MIDI is not connected anymore. Is there any way to do a deeper kind of reset to the machine?

I'd be really happy to hear if anyone has had the same problem and found a solution. I'm trying the firmware update next.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 11:08:45 am by jkv_f »

jkv_f

• Apprentice
Re: Machine Permanently Frozen After Using MIDI Connection
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 04:31:13 pm »
I updated the firmware, several times in fact. No problem there. But the problem remains exactly the same. The machine is completely useless now.  :(

nstr

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 12:26:37 am »
I am having the same problem with my DBI right now too. Also tried firmware update and a revert to no avail. Hoping someone smarter than me can assist in troubleshooting please and thank you. The machine is basically in a state of unusable limbo. Boo.

jkv_f

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 11:25:52 am »
A minor update on the issue –

I tried solving the problem with kind and thorough assistance from Arturia, but unfortunately nothing helped. I then approached the reseller, who sent the machine to be examined and fixed. Rather soon I received a completely new unit. Still got no idea what actually went wrong, but happy to have a working machine now.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines