April 25, 2024, 11:24:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Synths arp sequence patches losing sync in Pro Tools  (Read 1655 times)

brentman31

Synths arp sequence patches losing sync in Pro Tools
« on: December 17, 2021, 04:25:04 am »
So when I record Arturia sequence arpeggiator patches in Pro Tools everything sounds great when I record them.  However as soon as I play back the tracks the sequence/arpeggiator patch is all messed up and different.  It's like it's not syncing to the PT session tempo or something.  Am I doing something wrong?

LBH

Re: Synths arp sequence patches losing sync in Pro Tools
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 05:16:38 pm »
Hi,

That depends.

Can you give an example preset and tell in which Arturia application you use it, so it's possible to take a closer look?

When you say record, are you then recording midi or audio?

Latency perhaps also can have an impact.

brentman31

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 07:17:45 pm »
Thanks for responding. :)

For instance, when I use the 'Asian Arp' preset in V Collection 8 in Pro Tools.  I record a midi track with it and it plays fine during the recording.  Then when I play back the track, the arpegiattor is no longer syncing with session tempo.  The arpegiatting almost sounds like it's playing back at double speed.  This is also happening with other Sequencer patches in the V Collection 8.  I tried running an instance of the Casio CZ separately (which is where this particular patch is found) and the problem persisted.  I'm running on an iMac 2015 with the latest version of Pro Tools.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2021, 08:31:33 pm »
Your welcome.

The CZ V Asian arpeggio preset is midi synced to 1/8 notes. It's a Random arp with a 2 octave range.
You say the tempo seem to be twice the rate. Have you checked if the Arpeggios Rate parameter somehow is being modulated?
I assume the Tempo of the DAW is the same, when you record and playback.

The LFO 2 modulate the FX Multimode Filters Cutoff and the Noise Generator Level and cause kind of random ratcheting. The LFO 2s rate is being modulated by the Sample and Hold, so it has a random effect. You can check, if this has something to do with what you exsperience.
The preset use 2 delays with one synced to 1/8 dotted notes and the other to 1/16 notes.

Just in case: The random stuff will not be the same on playback, if you record midi notes.

I don't seem to have issues in Studio One 3 PRO. I don't use or have ProTools. I'm on Windows 10. Tested using the VST2 version of CZ V.
I can't tell if there are issues using MAC OS and/ or Protools.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 08:37:24 pm by LBH »

karatekeyboard

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2021, 08:16:38 pm »
Hi, I am having this issue as well. The sequencer sounds great when recording then plays back in double time. When I adjust the arpeggio rate it still doesn't sound how I recorded it and has a weird swing to it. I'm using the Juno 6 arpeggiator.

benmarchant

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 04:00:27 pm »
Glad i just saw this.  Same issues here with up to date protools and v collection 9.  When record is triggered on the track, everything syncs fine.  once midi is recorded and record button disengaged, arp sequence is sounding almost double time while also out of sync.

Any resolution for this issue?   

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines