April 19, 2024, 08:55:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Do I need to be concerned about backward compatibility of presets with V9?  (Read 1590 times)

sumo999

• Apprentice
I have a ton of patches I've accumulated over the years - need I worry about this?

Thanks, Sumo
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 10:45:19 am by sumo999 »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Arturia have always been pretty consistent with this: if they re-write the code behind a certain synth which makes the new version fundamentally incompatible with the previous version, they don't remove the old version from your computer.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

marie_arturia

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
Indeed, the new Prophet-5, Prophet VS and CS80 are entirely new instruments and are installed separately. You can still use the CS80 V3 as usual even if you have the V4 installed, but we won't be updating it anymore. If you have it installed and have the VC8 license, you have a "Show Legacy" option that appear in Analog Lab V main menu (left of the top toolbar), which will show the legacy CS80 V3 presets in Analog Lab V. All legacy instruments preset can be opened this way in Analog Lab V :)

Lowkus

Can a user preset from CS80v3 be loaded into CS80v4?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Can a user preset from CS80v3 be loaded into CS80v4?
I'm going with a no. This is a ground-up rebuild, Even if you could import the V3 presets, they wouldn't sound the same.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines